National Gun Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I sold my old Llama and I am ready to upgrade. To what? I do not what to make an uninformed decision, however, I have brought it down to two pistols and they are both on the "budget" side of things. The ones in my sights are:

Beretta BU9 Nano Semi Automatic Pistol 9mm Luger 3" Barrel 6 Round Capacity Polymer Grip Matte Black Finish JMN9S15

and

S&W SD9 VE Semi Automatic Pistol 9mm Luger 4" Barrel 10 Round Capacity Polymer Grips Duo Tone Finish 123900

The Beretta is more expensive @ $375 and only holds 6. It's a good carry gun.

The Smith and Wesson is a bit cheaper @ $326.60 plus it comes with two clips. I'm not sure if the Beretta comes with two or not.

Is the Beretta more expensive because your paying for the "Name" or is it because of actual quality it provides? I'm leaning towards the Smith and Wesson because it is a tad big cheaper and have found nothing but good reviews on it. Plus it comes with 2 mags and holds 16 rounds which is obviously a little bulky for concealed carry but this is for home defense so that doesn't matter.

Out of those two, price and quality considered, which is the best to buy? And any sites that are known of that will sell for cheaper?

Thanks in advance!!

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
I have the S&W sdve in 40 cal. I was supprised how well the gun handled and it is accurate. I don't know anything about the Nano.

·
Registered
6,555 Posts
My 2 cents
1 >
2 >

·
Grand Imperial Poobah
23,723 Posts
My 2¢ says to pick the Beretta Nano.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
My 2¢ says to pick the Beretta Nano.
May I ask why you, personally, prefer the Beretta nano over the Smith and Wesson based off the videos you linked? By the way I like that guy. Bunch of his reviews saved on my youtube...

I've put 500 rounds through an Sw9ve in one sitting , without cleaning, and it worked fine. It didn't jam once. Although, as all members on here do I'm sure, I clean and oil all of my protection properly as needed.

The Nano has a few features I like... The ambidextrous mag release, the push button "safety" I think it was the one that disabled the firing pin. I'm leaning towards your suggestion.

I'll let u know in a couple weeks!!

Thanks again!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts