National Gun Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Provided the proper licenses were obtained, how difficult would it be to make my .40 S&W Beretta fully auto? I see the 92 (9mm) in full auto all over the place. Is it possible? oh yea, and where can i find a drum mag for a 96?

Thanx alot for your help!!!

·
Premium Member
15,424 Posts
Some on this forum know the NFA better than I do, so members, please correct me if I"m wrong. I believe that an owner is not allowed to convert any semi-automatic firearm to full automatic. I'm certain that ATF is actively seeking out people who use anything from add-on trigger assists to internal modifications and giving them a heapin' helpin' of US Government hospitality.

Worse yet, even for those who are NOT trying to convert firearms to full auto, this is what they give you if an accident occurs.

·
Ancient Gaseous Emanation
55,702 Posts
Don't do it. Stop researching it. Stop talking about it. Stop thinking about it. Forget it.

Well, unless you want Bubba as a roommate/lover for the next tewnty, or so, years...

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
If you want to get into machine guns get a class III license and do it the correct way. To convert a handgun to full auto is dangerous and illegial. Whats the purpose?

Over 30 years ago when trying to clean up the trigger on my Browing High Power I filed the sear down too far and my first outing at the range it unloaded all 13 rounds so quick I did not have time to blink! Scared the crap out of me and was not especially good for the gun. Had to incur a gunsmith repair to fix the problem.

The gun becomes worthless, in my opinion if it is a full auto version. Safe queen except for a trip to the woods now and then. No good for target work or self defense. Very expensive to operate and the class III license is expensive.

·
Beretta 92 Fanatic
547 Posts
Sorry - U cannot do it. Any legally owned machine gun has to have a receiver from 1986 or prior. And, to manufacturer your own machine gun is also a no no.

Those Beretta 93s are very rare and worth a small fortune.

Stupid NFA laws... I'd get a real P90 if it wasn't for all of this (but P90s weren't around in 1986).

This is why fully auto MP5s sell for $17,000-$20,000 (1986 and older versions).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts