National Gun Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Let me show my new purchase. Got a deal bellow Buds price: 489$ new + $10 paperwork + 6% PA tax (Tanner's Sport Center). I never had a Beretta before, but Beretta the only handgun maker who makes a nice 9 mm carbine (Cx4 Storm) compatible with pistol mags. So no more Glocks. I just want to have a pistol and carbine using the same magazines. Sorry Glock but you are lagging behind Beretta with your offerings.

·
Registered
3,633 Posts
Congrads on the new kid. I have several 92 series Beretta pistols. They are really great pieces of technology. The fit and finish is outstanding. If you notice, the operation of the slide feels like it is on ball bearings. You may now have a problem. Berettas and 1911's are like potato chips or french fries. You just can't have one.

Now wait, the anti-Beretta crowd will be creeping out of the wood work.

·
Super Moderator
12,238 Posts
Not me, man. I love my 92!

--Wag--

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
sweet looking - have shot one but don't own one - and it is not because I don't like them but at the time it was the money - I have noticed that they have come down a lot from when I looked - time to start rat holing some money away

·
Ancient Gaseous Emanation
55,361 Posts
Field strip a Beretta 92. Field strip a Walther P.38. Lay them side by side. Basically they are the same pistol.

This is not to slam the Beretta. It goes to show how far advanced the Walther P.38 was, especially for its time.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Field strip a Beretta 92. Field strip a Walther P.38. Lay them side by side. Basically they are the same pistol.

This is not to slam the Beretta. It goes to show how far advanced the Walther P.38 was, especially for its time.
Btw, I read manual for my new Beretta. It seems that there is no any maintanace except field stripping and regular cleaning that is recommended. For Glock they say it is OK to take them down completely and wash all the parts.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Aw man, you're living my dream. The Beretta 92FS has been my absolute favorite gun of all time for a while now. I've only had the pleasure of shooting it once, and it will be a while before I get to again.

I've heard a lot of good things about it (from sources other than the internet, too). Here are some interesting stats taken directly from the Beretta page:

• The average reliability of all M9 pistols tested at Beretta U.S.A. is 17,500 rounds without a stoppage.
• During one test of twelve pistols fired at Beretta U.S.A. before Army supervision, Beretta-made M9 pistols shot 168,000 rounds without a single malfunction.
• Two-thirds of all M9 pistols endurance tested at Beretta U.S.A. fired 5,000 rounds without a single malfunction or, at most, with only one malfunction.
• The average durability of Beretta M9 slides is over 35,000 rounds, the point at which U.S. Army testing ceases.
• The average durability of M9 frames is over 30,000 rounds. The average durability of M9 locking blocks is 22,000 rounds.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Aw man, you're living my dream. The Beretta 92FS has been my absolute favorite gun of all time for a while now. I've only had the pleasure of shooting it once, and it will be a while before I get to again.

I've heard a lot of good things about it (from sources other than the internet, too). Here are some interesting stats taken directly from the Beretta page:

• The average reliability of all M9 pistols tested at Beretta U.S.A. is 17,500 rounds without a stoppage.
• During one test of twelve pistols fired at Beretta U.S.A. before Army supervision, Beretta-made M9 pistols shot 168,000 rounds without a single malfunction.
• Two-thirds of all M9 pistols endurance tested at Beretta U.S.A. fired 5,000 rounds without a single malfunction or, at most, with only one malfunction.
• The average durability of Beretta M9 slides is over 35,000 rounds, the point at which U.S. Army testing ceases.
• The average durability of M9 frames is over 30,000 rounds. The average durability of M9 locking blocks is 22,000 rounds.
What I like most by far comparing to Glock 19C that I also have is that cartridges are not extracted in direction of my face when shooting. I noticed that it is hard to shot a single mag from my Glock 19C to not get a cartridge flying to my head. Glasses are absolutely must shooting Glock. Did not notice anything like this with Beretta. Again it might be subjective and based on very limited experience of my first 150 rounds. Again no matter what people say about Glocks reliability my Glock has stove pipes. It does. And it is hard indeed to clean the jams when an empty cartridge is not extracted and a second one is stuck somewhere between magazine and the barrel. It is very rare with my Glock but it happens every 500-600 rounds. It is still to be seen how reliable Beretta will be but I know what to compare it to.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts