National Gun Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted about trying to find a semi-automatic shotgun to fit my small stature(5' 2", 110lbs) and I've realized I need to up my budget. I've found both of these guns and wanted to know what you all thought of the guns, experience with the guns, or if you think these are all wrong and I need look at another gun. Also, while you're here do you think 20 or 12 guage are a better choice?

My rifle's length of pull is 12.50 and the shotgun I've been using has a LOP of 14" and it just does not work for me. I'd like to have a gun I can possibly upland and waterfowl hunt with, because I don't know how often I'll do either and don't want to have to purchase two separate guns. You know buy once, cry once.

·
Ancient Gaseous Emanation
55,432 Posts
I am of the firm opinion that shotgun recoil reduction is better achieved through ammunition choice than through gauge reduction. A properly fitted stock will also go a long way toward reducing felt recoil.

I'd go with a 12 ga.

Reactions: Mike Weber

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
Agreed stick with a 12 gauge that extra payload of shot makes a big difference, especially if you're planning on using the gun for waterfowl.

·
Registered
159 Posts
I like Benellis. They are very well made guns and will last. I think 20 GA is great for just about anything and as long as you have a 3 in chamber, you should be fine

1 - 5 of 5 Posts