National Gun Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello,
I have a Norinco MAK-90 chambered in .223/5.56. When it ejects the casings it puts a big dent in them almost right in the middle. Is there something that I can do to prevent this from happening? I'd like to keep the brass for reloads (in the future)

Thanks
Dennis

· Registered
1,934 Posts
Little dents shouldn't be a problem, so...how big are the dents? I suspect that when the empty is ejected, it whacks something on the way out. Not sure on that particular rifle but a little piece of adhesive foam or rubber grip tape in a strategic location might save your brass.

· Registered
1,040 Posts
Try a few Googles of slow motion videos of AK 47 or MAK 90 firing. The extraction and ejection process is really pretty violent. If you know a good and I mean good and competent gunsmith that is familiar with AK extraction and ejection they may be able to work on the ejector. A good gunsmith should be able to tweak the ejection angle. Your cases are likely slamming back into the rifle and thus the dings and dents. Minor dents as mentioned aren't a problem.

Ron

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
unfortunately I haven't saved any to take a picture of, but the dents are pretty big. I'd have to say it bends in a third of the thickness of the casing itself. not a little dent. Personally there's no way that I'd use them if they were reloaded.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.