National Gun Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Before

Here is the after:

Now, that is NOT the same stock. I had a stock that had never been finished, and that is what I used. I used the handguards that came with the gun, however. I think it turned out pretty decent

·
Premium Member
15,424 Posts
Now that there's one Purrrrdy Garand, Mr. Gunman! Hope she shoots as good as she looks.

·
Old School.
11,011 Posts
A job well done there Gunman. She sure is pertty. We'll be standing by for the range report. Good luck with her. :-B-:

·
Registered
3,633 Posts
Don't you just love Garands? I mean those are some classy rifles!

Nice job on cleaning that old girl up. You gonna name her?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks guys. I have only shot 40 rounds though her so far, offhand, as I have been working everynight for 10 days, 12 hours a night, and have not had the opportunity to fire her from a bench. I am hoping to be off in a couple of nights and really see what she can do!

·
Registered
3,633 Posts
You treat that lady proper, and she will amaze you. I drive guys crazy at the silhouette range knocking rams down open sights at 300 yards with mine!

I do not know how much you know about Garands, but if you have any questions about them, just ask. I like Garands, I like to look at them, I like talking about them, I expecially like shooting them.

·
Registered
341 Posts
That new stock looks fantastic!!!

I gotta ask... Did you post pictures of the stock Garand on another site??? I swear I saw pictures of it somewhere else.

-Derek

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
That new stock looks fantastic!!!

I gotta ask... Did you post pictures of the stock Garand on another site??? I swear I saw pictures of it somewhere else.

-Derek

Yeah, I belong to several forums (same username on all of em), and posted it on all of em!

·
Registered
341 Posts
Yeah, I belong to several forums (same username on all of em), and posted it on all of em!
I swear I saw it in the AR15.com forums in the C&R section, am I thinking right??

I gotta say, that thing looks amazing with the new stock. Take care of that little piece of history.

-Derek

·
Big Gun Enthusiast
420 Posts
thats a very nice job....i want to get a Garand, i here they're just great rifles

·
Registered
3,633 Posts
thats a very nice job....i want to get a Garand, i here they're just great rifles

Once you work with a Garand, you will never really be happy with anything else. I have two. One like the one pictured. I dropped another into a synthetic stock to lighten it up. That is one kick ass truck gun.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts