National Gun Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone ever chance the mix of the two? I am drinking right now but KNOW my hand guns are locked away. I cant touch them or mess with them. I make sure I dont EVER go shoot when im drunk. I know the possibility of the 2 are slim to none but I dont do it.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Dont EVER mix the two. Never know what could happen when you blackout. Not a good idea.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Maybe more subtle than what seems obvious.

I live in a house with no children. I have guns in the desk, night stand, leaning against the wall. on the counter next to the back door.

I don't keep anything loaded. I think loaded is maybe asking for trouble. Nightstand gun has a "speed loader." Shotshells ready for the shotgun, ammo ready for the semi-autos, but NOT in the mags.

I don't "black out" or "fall down the stairs." I've never set fire to the kitchen. (Knock on wood! :mrgreen: )

Alcohol and guns are a bad mix, potentially lethal. And in this state it's unlawful to mix them. But I've seen shooters at the "gravel pit." Kids with the 22 rifle, and "Uncle Bob" with a beer.

BAD idea. Should be "just cause" to yank your RKBA.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't drink before going to the range.

That said, I don't think having a drink or two invalidates my right to self-defense, so I don't automatically put the guns away when I open a beer or uncork a bottle of wine. If I am going to drink more than that, though, I'll be at home and the guns go in a drawer. I don't unload them or lock them up, I just put them away. I don't have mood swings when I drink, and I have enough experience with alcohol to know I'm not going to do something stupid with a gun just because I've had a few drinks.

Regarding loaded guns, my defense guns are only out of the safe when "in use," and when they are "in use" they are loaded. My wife carries and my teenage daughter is very well trained, so I have few concerns in that regard. I don't have guns scattered about the house, though.

·
Big Honkin' Daddy
1,247 Posts
I love them both, but don't ever mix the two. I'll even wait until I have the guns cleaned and locked away before I crack open a frosty one. I don't want to drop anything and ruin it. :eek:

·
Premium Member
15,424 Posts
I'm not one to use the terms "always" or "never" in a cavalier fashion, but this is one of those, "Not No, but HELL NO" thaings with me. And the same goes for reloading. Any way you want to look at it, it's just plain wrong.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
nope! don't mix the two.

gotta remember i represent a larger crowd then myself.

that's all we need a drunk owner for the anti's to hurl at!

·
Registered
341 Posts
Beer and guns..... love em' both but try not to mix the two. I would never shoot while drunk but don't have a problem shooting after a beer or two while out camping. I am a very safe gun handler and can manage a couple cold ones. In the case that I did ever have an accident (will never happen), then I guess that would be a case of natural selection huh. ;)

-Derek

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I don't drink much, and quit getting drunk when I grew up.

In my life of mumblemumble years, I can only recall shooting and drinking maybe 4 or 5 times. I was never even high.

I do carry whenever I go to a cocktail lounge or tavern, because due to my health, I can't defend myself physically.

All 6 of my Children and my Wife are near expert, or expert, firearms handlers and are quite safety oriented.

Doug

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I don't drink and drive, I don't drink and shoot.

They don't mix/ :shock:

·
Chicago Pro-Gun Activist
2,444 Posts
I do not have a problem mixing beer and guns..............................

as long as the shooting is over and the mixing is beer and gun stories! :D

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I never shoot or handle firearms while/after drinking....that said....I don't go around the house unloading and locking up all of my firearms before I start drinking...I just don't mess with 'em.

Yeah....I'll drink to that! :-B-:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts