National Gun Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
LOL .... that's keep it to guns, only. ;)

You don't have to comment if you do not want to. I just want to see how many out there have experience this and learned from it. Unintentional, negligent, however you would like to put it. A weapon that was fired without you wanting it to go off. Or you just not knowing it was chambered and thinking it would dry fire.
:shock: :eek: :shock:

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
Yes, but I think I got that problem covered now! ;) ;)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
zipperzap said:
LOL .... that's keep it to guns, only. ;)

You don't have to comment if you do not want to. I just want to see how many out there have experience this and learned from it. Unintentional, negligent, however you would like to put it. A weapon that was fired without you wanting it to go off. Or you just not knowing it was chambered and thinking it would dry fire.
:shock: :eek: :shock:
There is no such thing as an accidental discharge of a firearm! So negligent could be the only proper term!

And no I have not ever had one!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The only one I've had was after doing some sear honing (at fifteen) on a Colt 1911 - turned an otherwise fine 1911 into a machine pistol - BOOM! - seven puffs of dust on the hill back of the targets. :shock: :eek: :shock:

My local smith put it back into the semi-auto mode quickly enough. Never did another sear job again!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
:cool: I've had ONE, when I was 7 yrs old, my parents had given me a Crossman pellet pistol, for my Birthday (Jan 1950)--

--I used to shoot black birds (?) out of my bedroom window-Well one day while they were gone, I was checking out some prospects out my window and I got excited (can you imagine) and shot a 3 inch hole in my window--

--I allways kept the curtains drawn so my mom wouldn't know--

--She found out about 3 months later, never said a word to me, but the curtains were open--

--My dad chewed her out for cleaning the window so good, he said JIMBO didn't even know the glass was there--Believe that, thought so--

-- -I :i: --JIMBO

·
Banned
818 Posts
Dang sig323!! How bad of a "discharge" do you have to need to wear a diaper? :D

Anyways, I actually did have a recent accidental discharge, but it involved my airsoft sidearm which happens to be and electric full auto. See, what I did was add extra power to it. It won't increase velocity, but rather increase the cyclic rate of fire. Long story short, I accidentally touched the power source with the leads and the gun started firing and like a dumbass, I had pellets in the reservoir. Got shot a bunch of times in the chest, but nothing serious. Just lots of stings! :shock:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Gah it's probably not good to make people mad on my first post lol. On that note I have been a lurker I just never felt like making an account till now lol.

I'm sorry... The IT'S ONLY NEGLIGENT DISCHARGE THERE'S NO THING AS AN ACCIDENT thing kind of bugs me.

We all know that 99% of accidental discharges are from negligence; which I'm sure is very humbling. I see no real reason to drill the negligent discharge thing as some seem to.

On that note accidental discharges do happen. I was deer hunting with a buddy who was using his Dad's 30-06. He went to close the bolt and boom. I watched the whole thing.. his finger wasn't on the trigger and thankfully the gun was pointed in a safe direction.

The empty brass was removed and neither of us messed with the gun after that. We returned it and to be honest I never even asked if his Dad even looked at it to see how/why it happened.

Anyways, I hope I didn't make anyone too mad with what I said at first and also as I'm knocking on wood I'll say that I've never personally had an AD/ND.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yes. About 17 years ago, I negligently discharged a S&W Model 10. I picked it up with the intention of dry firing it, opened the cylinder and dropped the rounds into my hand. Stupidly, I did not pause to count the rounds in my hand, nor closely examine the cylinder. If I had, I would have realized one round was still in a charge hole.

I put a 110-grain Super Vel JHP through two walls. It was contained in the exterior wall of the old New England home I was living in at the time. Thank God no one else was home, since the bullet went through an adjacent room.

I don't call it an accident. It was indeed pure negligence. I was extremely fortunate no one was hurt or killed, and that the bullet stayed in the house. Since that day, I triple check every firearm before I dry fire it.

And by the way, a boom when you expect a click is indeed close to making you want a diaper.

·
Premium Member
2,253 Posts
:--- :--- I killed my new coffee table. -I -I A 45 right through it's heart. :cry: I don't want to talk about it. :oops:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
only with a bb gun at 8 years old. my brother threw a dirtclod and hit me in the mouth and i accidentily shot him in the rear :roll:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
yeppers!

several teens shooting rats with a .222 semi
one of us pointed the shot-empty rifle
at the others nose, pulled the trigger
click
leaned the piece against the wall
fell over and discharged
was my first clue there is a God
watching over fools and little children

·
Premium Member
2,253 Posts
lanber said:
kansas45 said:
:--- :--- I killed my new coffee table. -I -I A 45 right through it's heart. :cry: I don't want to talk about it. :oops:
Was your wife at home? :eek:
No more wife. :i: :i: :i: That's why I have a new coffee table :!: :mrgreen:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Shooting gophers 35 years ago. I was 13. . . My Marlin model 39M .22. . . gopher ducked, so I went to let the hammer back down to the safe notch and my sweaty thumb slipped off. Will never forget it. Will never happen again. Thank God none of my friends were shot!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts