National Gun Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a Remington 700 , it has a 20” inch threaded barrel , the gun was only shot 5 times , it has a thread protector on the barrel and seems on thier pretty good , my question is do they go on clock wise and come off counter clock wise just like most things ? It’s first gun I’ve owned with a threaded barrel , I only tried loosening it by hand but wanna make sure it’s not reversed threaded befor I try using more force , penetrating oils etc to get it off , thanks

· Registered
1,831 Posts
Yup mad scientist and the coal cracker nailed this, some have found loc-tite blue style helps with keeping it secure red if you plan on never removing again.

· Aim true !
14,187 Posts
I have 2 handguns with threaded barrels. Unfortunately you have to take off the thread protector to strip them down for cleaning. I just take the protector off when at the range. Had one come off when shooting. Learned then to just take them off. My 10 mm carbine has a threaded barrel too. That i put a muzzle brake on and loc-tited it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.