National Gun Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· "You talkin to me?"
4,434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this is the third time I'm going to try and post this... for some reason it keeps deleting itself after I get 2 or 3 sentences typed.. The BAR & scope performed really well last week.. was grouping around 2"5 inches at 200 yrds with the 140 gr and about 3"- 3.5" with the 150 gr... don't know why the difference but hey. I can live with it.. I had pics but nephew dropped the phone in the fish pond and couldn't retrieve it so not only lost the pics but an 800 $ Iphone as well.. guess I just ain't livin right... but am very pleased with the rifle and scope..

· "You talkin to me?"
4,434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yep,, it really is but would be even better if I didn't have these damned glasses to try and look thru,,, there's only a small spot I can see thru when looking into the scope and it makes it kinda rough to line everything up.. I tried contacts but spent 60 + years trying to keep stuff outta my eyes so trying to put something in there just doesn't work well for me at all,,,

· AZHerper
6,327 Posts
When I got intraocular implants, I threw my glasses away. They work great but medicare will only pay for fixed (single-vision) implants. I got accomodative implants which my ciliary muscles cause to change focus. They work great at virtually all ranges but I find it less fatiguing to wear readers (anything from -1.5 to -2.5) for long term reading. However, I had to pay about $5K for them.

· Live Free
4,509 Posts
yep,, it really is but would be even better if I didn't have these damned glasses to try and look thru,,, there's only a small spot I can see thru when looking into the scope and it makes it kinda rough to line everything up.. I tried contacts but spent 60 + years trying to keep stuff outta my eyes so trying to put something in there just doesn't work well for me at all,,,
I do know what you mean! Wearing glasses shooting scoped rifles can be a pain. I have learned to live with it...but I grumble a bit at times.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.