National Gun Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need some help finding a good calculator, everyone one I find they only go off of the g1 bc, why is that?

·
Aim true !
10,329 Posts

·
Registered
6,247 Posts
Need some help finding a good calculator, everyone one I find they only go off of the g1 bc, why is that?
Either G1 or G7 will work, some say that G1 is best suited for flat based bullets and G7 for boatail bullets. I don't know anyone that shoots a flat based bullet for long range.

·
Grand Imperial Poobah
22,335 Posts
Since a majority of my scopes are made by Nikon, I mostly use Nikon's Spot-On Ballistic Calculator. I also use Strelok Ballistic Calculator. Both run on my Android phone.

·
Registered
725 Posts
I use both of those as well. Most of the guys I shoot with regularly do as well. They have different drag calculations for different uses. Strelock Pro has way more options for scopes, reticles and drag models.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
I use note pad and pen (old school) Go to shooting range and shoot and record (calculators) offer little in the way of experience of a 1945 Mosin Nagant and steel core ammo 70 years old or a Steyr M 95 1941 Nazi ammo. Now Cetme .308 2018 the offerings there are valuable assets

1 - 9 of 9 Posts