National Gun Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Maintenance man
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Being I mostly shoot about 100 yards behind my house, and I've only been going out there these last few months, I use a Swiss tech backpack as a range bag. Was just wondering if anyone else has tried this. I find it most convenient. It carries my plates, ammo, first aid, eyes and ears, and a handful of other crap I may need/want.
Also, what do you guys carry to the range?besides the usual, guns ,ammo, first aid and ppe?

·
Ancient Gaseous Emanation
53,961 Posts
My 'range bag' is a full size van. Back it up as close as I can to the firing line. It can carry everything I might want. Firearms, ammunition, eyes, ears, targets, chrony, spotting scope(s), reloading necessaries for both black powder and smokeless powder, gun vise, basic smithing tools, water, cooler(s), sunscreen, huge umbrella for both sunny days and rainy days, chairs/stools, portable shooting bench, fire extinguisher, etc., etc.

Can't carry all that in a backpack.

·
Aim true !
10,309 Posts
I have a S&W range bag. The rest goes in the vehicle like popeye does.

·
Registered
13,223 Posts
On a normal range outing i have two range bags, gun cases, targets which mostly fills the back of my SUV

Reactions: Maintenanceman

·
Registered
6,142 Posts
I do not frequent a range.
But I do have hundreds of acres to wander.
I put together a small pack for hiking. Thought it had the essentials.
It was horrible. I paired it down to a messenger bag at 5#
That seems to be my limit.
So I figure with rifle around 11# total.

Reactions: Maintenanceman

·
Maintenance man
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
From your posts that I have read I would expect nothing less. One day I'd love to have a "Range van". But as for today it's just me and Smitty, my 9mm S&W. ( M&P9 2.0 compact).

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
Well pends on range, guns and what not back pack generally covers it unless black powder, multiple guns or mix there of. Rifles/Carbines/Pistols/Black Powder and time does factor generally just a few hours Back Pack is a cover all. If I know I have a full day Back Pack and Range Bags.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts