·
Keep calm & return fire!
11,925 Posts
Lookin good.

Reactions: AgedWarrior

·
Aim true !
10,335 Posts
Awesome! It looks great. 👍 I need to re-org my loading/gun room. Do some weight distribution. Like moving my ammo shelving unit to an outside wall. That involves moving my smithing bench and 2 gun cabinets.

·
Live Free
2,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Awesome! It looks great. 👍 I need to re-org my loading/gun room. Do some weight distribution. Like moving my ammo shelving unit to an outside wall. That involves moving my smithing bench and 2 gun cabinets.
Sounds like a lot of work! I still need to build a good maintenance bench on the side, but for now I am set up for reloading and for cleaning guns. I do like having the stand alone shop building now.

·
Premium Member
5,956 Posts
Looks real nice! I’ve been holding on to a piece of black granite that’s 2’x6’ for a new reloading bench. I also have a piece that’s 36”x60” and another that’s 2’x3’. I’ve been looking at other guys gun rooms to get ideas.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Good for you. Hope you get some time in the near future.

·
Live Free
2,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Looks real nice! I’ve been holding on to a piece of black granite that’s 2’x6’ for a new reloading bench. I also have a piece that’s 36”x60” and another that’s 2’x3’. I’ve been looking at other guys gun rooms to get ideas.
Granite? That would be pretty impressive! Seriously heavy too...nice work surface though!

·
RELOAD=More PEW PEW
12,465 Posts
Looks great, you're going to have fun hours in there

·
Live Free
2,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Looks great, you're going to have fun hours in there
Yes! That is the thing, for me it is fun. I started prepping some 6.5 Creedmore and 6.5 Grendel yesterday.
The biggest drawback to having this as a separate structure is powder and primer storage. It is air conditioned, but I do not wish to run the a/c unit all the time to keep it cool enough for storage. So, I have a cabinet inside the house for storing powders and primers to keep them cool and dry all year long. I am really picky about storage of this type of stuff, but it pays off in longevity.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts