1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
761 Posts
Too much.

·
Right Wing Zealot
1,228 Posts
It depends on who is in there. Occassionally they will be short of help and the customer in front of me is asking a million questions about some part of his mediocre gun that no one has ever heard of before. If this goes on for too long, I head off to supper.

G

·
Tonight I spent an hour looking at Colt AR-15 debating wether I should buy it and get yelled at by the wife or what I would say to convince her that it was a must buy purchase.

·
Right Wing Zealot
1,228 Posts
Glock and Load said:
Tonight I spent an hour looking at Colt AR-15 debating wether I should buy it and get yelled at by the wife or what I would say to convince her that it was a must buy purchase.
How long would she yell about it? She'll eventually quit yelling about it...someday, but you will have the AR-15.

G

·
SatanzBountyHunter said:
Glock and Load said:
How long would she yell about it? She'll eventually quit yelling about it...someday, but you will have the AR-15.
I never looked at it like this. I may have to swing by the shop again after work tomorrow!

·
Premium Member
15,424 Posts
How much time? Man, I really don't know. The entire time-space continuum fades into oblivion when I'm wandering the hallowed aisles and counters.

Now that's only when I'm in OTHER gun stores. When I'm in my own little shop, I'm pretty much house broken. Lately I've been able to control the drooling and gutteral noises unless I'm visiting a NEW gun store. They should be done cleaning up after I did a couple of tours of Bass Pro Shops in Denver, last month.

·
Iron Maiden
8,441 Posts
Last time I was in there, probably about an hour. I wanted to go again this weekend, and get some speed loaders for my GP100, but hubby decided to go without me yesterday!! *grumble grumble* :x

On average, I'd say an hour.....................

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
I would say an hour with each visit! I also will spend about that amount of time in Sportsmans Warehouse, Fishermans Marine and other larger stores that sell sporting goods.

·
The 500 S&W stare...
10,304 Posts
About an hour each visit. I try to make the visits frequently though. I hate missing something new.

·
Registered
3,633 Posts
It really depends. Some times I zip right in and out because my visit was for a specific purpose. Other times, I get lost and have to be thrown out because it is closing time.....Those are the times I wish my debit card was at home. :yikes1:

·
Chicago Pro-Gun Activist
2,444 Posts
Usually an hour maybe 90 minutes. That is about the max time I have to spend in any store so it might as well be a gun/hunting/sporting store.

G

·
I was there today after work for the first time. Spent about 2 hours talking to the owner and then renting a S&W M&P 9mm. Then proceeded to shoot a box of bullets. What a great time.

·
Ruler of Ramnation
1,013 Posts
I figure one hour. I usually go knowing what to get.....that is with a mission in mind. Anything longer than one hour could be problematic.

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
Sometimes the wife waits out in the truck if I'm just going in to get ammo . Other times she comes into the store to keep me from making foolish purchases . Then we spend twice as much as I would alone.

The gun store owner is also our veterinarian . He sold us the Mark III one day when he came out to see the horses.

·
Ancient Gaseous Emanation
55,659 Posts
From 7:30 am until 6:30 pm, five days a week.

·
Red State Rising
2,215 Posts
it varies, depending on what they have at the time - and what I came for. RARELY less than one hour though.

G

·
My gun store is also my gun range (The Bullet Trap, Plano, Tx). Does time on the range count in this case, if so, about four hours a month. That would be about three hours shooting and one hour fondling toys. I only get to the range about once a month and if (or when BHO gets his way) ammo cost continue to rise, my time spent there will be less.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts