National Gun Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
8,067 Posts
I would just think they would try to double there money in most cases!
Trying to double the money on the end sale is really tough. Of course it does, on occasion happen, but it doesn't happen often enough to keep the light bill paid. Staying in business requires lots of competitive mark up profit to keep the store open.. Idiots like Soetoro, Clinton, and Biden don't come along every day boosting gun/ammunition sales.

·
Aim true !
11,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Im thinking he did the mark up. Because of whats going on these days. He has a GSG Firefly for 195.00 used. Google search came up with new ones at that price.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
I had a neighbor complaining once about the price he paid to a guy for a 3 point roto tiller for the back of his tractor.
He kept saying that the seller "gouged" him.
Gouging is when I am the only one around with the water, the gasoline or the milk and I charge far above what any reasonable person would pay.
Ripping off would be if I deceived or manipulated someone to take advantage of them.
If I am one business of four selling the same widget in town and you pay my price rather than comparison shop then it doesn't matter what the other's price is. You acted freely and as informed as you chose to be.
I'm neither glorifying nor vilifying either side, because I am a part of both.

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
Tell ya what. Aint getting "RICH" but telling me it is worth $75 then selling for $375 aint doing a lot of favor my way now is it. Add 60% of $375 something missed somewhere huh
Sort of a broad brush isn't it?
The gun dealers I have purchased from worked out of basements, garages, pole barns, small store fronts and shops.
If they are getting rich off little guys like me they are all socking it away in their safes.
I guess "BROAD BRUSH" is just what it is "Valued at huh"

·
Keep calm & return fire!
12,897 Posts
Tell ya what. Aint getting "RICH" but telling me it is worth $75 then selling for $375 aint doing a lot of favor my way now is it. Add 60% of $375 something missed somewhere huh

Did you read the same post the rest of us did?
He gave her $75 for the gun. He has it listed for $212 out the door. (that includes tax and transfer fee)
Not sure where you're pulling $375 from?

·
Registered
1,542 Posts

If I told you your gun was worth $75, to me, and you then proceeded to sell it to me by your own choosing, then that is what was worth to you.
I mean, speaking for yourself, you did your homework before you came into my store right?

·
Registered
980 Posts
This has been bugging me about my LGS. I know a gal who sold him a ISCC M22. He gave 75.00 for it. It's on his site now for 212.00 OTD. I feel the young lady got ripped off.
The dealer offered her $75 and she accepted $75. Any gun on any given day is worth what someone is willing to pay for it or what someone will accept for it. During the early to mid 90s my wife and I owned a small brick and mortar gun shop. I always shot for a minimum 20% to 25% mark up. Gun shops like any business have overhead. Unless you own the building there is rent, utilities, phone, insurance and the list goes on. If a seller fails to get a few quotes on what they have then it's on them. She accepted the offer so deal done and matters not what the buyer chooses to try and sell it for.

I had people drag in 5 guns or more and I would make an offer on the lot, they could take it or leave it, mattered not to me. Some guns can move quickly while some might lay in the shop for a year or more.

Ron

21 - 29 of 29 Posts