National Gun Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
6,328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whhuuuutttt to cheap to pay some cash?????....:crazy::crazy:

The Austin Police Department wants to get more firearms off the streets.
Next week they plan to hold a gun surrender operation.
They'll accept any unwanted firearms you may have -- no questions asked.
The program takes place Tuesday, Jan. 28, from 3 - 8 p.m. at their East Austin sub-station on Springdale Road near 7th Street.

APD Chief Brian Manley said he hopes the operation will help curb growing gun violence.

Below are instructions for the event:

• Do not walk into the substation with a visible gun or ammunition
  • Unload the gun
  • Put the gun and ammunition in separate bags
  • Leave the gun or ammunition in the car (trunk or back seat) or bagged (if on foot)
  • Tell an officer you are there to turn in a gun and they will safely retrieve it
https://cbsaustin.com/news/local/au...nted-firearms-you-may-have-no-questions-asked

https://twitter.com/Austin_Police/s...nted-firearms-you-may-have-no-questions-asked

· RELOAD=More PEW PEW
12,534 Posts
No questions asked? Guns are supposed to be legal in Texas aren't they? If someone wants to bring a gun to the police and say here, I don't want this one anymore they should say "Thank you sir"... no questions asked pffft!

I know it's not a reference but picked this up off of the internet
Texas has no laws regarding possession of any firearm regardless of age.

Edit:
What it sounds like is they're trying to put into the heads of peoples that owning a gun isn't really legal and if you have guns and you realized that fact, you can bring them to the police and we will not arrest you

· Registered
17,533 Posts
Hmmm, I should post one of those ads!

Reactions: Kobs

· RELOAD=More PEW PEW
12,534 Posts
You will not ask any question either ST :lol:

· Premium Member
9,929 Posts
Set up a booth outside with a banner saying “We buy any gun $$$” In the past I’ve seen some very nice guns in the buy backs the cops have done. Somewhere real collective pieces. What a shame. Even the cops can’t take them for themselves.

· Registered
17,533 Posts
You will not ask any question either ST :lol:
Sure I'll ask questions. Like does it work or do you have any others?

Reactions: Wag and Kobs

· Registered
17,533 Posts
Even the cops can’t take them for themselves.

Don't bet on that. I've heard some stories from cops about expensive guns coming in the front, $25 being paid out and the cops reimburse the money and take it out another door. Just imagine you're a cop who shoots trap or skeet and in walks a 5k Beretta O/U from some old widow.

Reactions: Wag

· RELOAD=More PEW PEW
12,534 Posts
^^^^ Yeah I'd imagine i would do anything to bring it home

· Registered
1,862 Posts
"No questions asked" ? Gawd, the massive brass bawls on these people. Well, I got a couple questions. Is there going to be a 4473 application for these firearms ? A call in, to legally transfer the firearms,
TO ATF CODES ?? Because we're finding there "turn ins" and "buy backs" are a source for gunms to end up back out on the streets, AGAIN, mere days or weeks later.

WHY does the ATF want to bust our marbles, over EVERY FIREARMS TRANSACTION, but they hide their eyes and turn their heads, when the very folks who are putting guns back on the street again ARE PULLING THESE SCAMS, RIGHT UNDER THEIR NOSES ?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.