National Gun Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· Registered
18,036 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Cops can't shoot a black man anymore, no matter the situation. Where's my upper??? Eventually, this **** will spread wide. People are going to get hurt.

· Registered
17,525 Posts
Passed out at a drive thru, DUI, fights and resists police, takes taser, fires taser at cops and gets shot, Just another innocent unarmed black guy shot by racist police. Round two of rioting commencing.

· Registered
Navy Vet
2,882 Posts
Cops make split second decisions, in many cases. Their life depends on it in many cases. In this case with a taser being pointed, who knows what was next, the cop being tasered? Then what? His first mistake was resisting arrest.

· Registered
4,404 Posts
I heard the story on the radio and the facts aren't always clear. What I heard was he was passed out in the drive through. Then he resisted grabbed a taser and ran. I think the other cop tried to taze him. So an unarmed drunk man is running away with a stolen taser. Think about that for while.

What justification is there for shooting him?

Reactions: Stevejet

· Registered
18,036 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
And on the video, looks like the drunk did fire the tazer, but missed, and then the cop shot. That tazer only shoots once, right? Then you have to set ip back up? From what I saw, I don't think the cop was justified. But I wasn't there.

· Registered
8,670 Posts
Looks like bullets, was there third option.
I read a writeup that said it was a forty minute encounter.
They made contact, Did field sobriety test, Etc.
I noticed that about the Minneapolis thing. They made contact, Subdued, set on a sidewalk for awhile, Bypassed a patrol car right in front of them to cross a street and travel nearly half a block.
That gives them time to wake up and think, worry, figure some angles.
Flight seems to be a common conclusion after there clouded deliberations.

Seeing the burning restaurant.
Woman of this house asked. What did the restaurant have to do with it?

· Premium Member
9,926 Posts
It’s always the same thing. People who get shot by police bring it upon themselves. We’ve had a few of these in my town. Cop stops someone, that person tries to escape, violently. It always ends badly for the perpetrator. Once you get busted, just give up and live to see tomorrow.

· Registered
4,404 Posts
Coincidentally a few months back, not at the same one but I went through a Wendy's drive through purturbed that the guy in front of me wasn't moving up so I just drove around him. He looked like he was passed out so when I picked up my burger I let the lady know. She didn't seem overly concerned.

· Premium Member
9,926 Posts
In watching the body and security cam footage, it was a bad shooting. They had his information, car and he could have been apprehended later if not in the next 50’.

· Registered
17,525 Posts
In watching the body and security cam footage, it was a bad shooting. They had his information, car and he could have been apprehended later if not in the next 50’.
If someone is willing to fight with police, grab a taser and fire it at them what is that person willing to do to Joe citizen? If they let him go and he harmed someone else what would they say about the cops?.....Wait, nevermind. The democrats do that on a regular basis with releasing criminals from jails and prisons.

· Premium Member
9,926 Posts
Square, I’m all about sticking up for the cops but those two cops could have run down a drunk man twice there age in a few seconds. That cop didn’t need to use deadly force and there’s not a review board that wouldn’t agree with me. If you took that shot, you’d be in deep dodo. Cops have no more right to shoot you than a civilian does. They are supposed to be trained in when to apply deadly force. Not one instructor would have given this cop a green light to fire. He used extremely poor judgment in this instance.

· Keep calm & return fire!
14,179 Posts
All these incidents are being framed as the police are targeting and harassing blacks. Thats complete and utter BS.
There are 2 very important details that are never discussed or consider or enter into the conversation....
1) The "victim" DID SOMETHING to cause police contact
2) The "victim" RESISTED.

Someone better get a hold on this country and fast...

· Registered
4,404 Posts
Again it sounds nice to talk tough and justify what's right and what's wrong and who's right and who's wrong. Now back in the real world especially in a politically charged climate.

He committed a misdemeanor. As far as we know no one got hurt. He resisted and fled and at that point any reasonable person might conclude that he is not a danger to others where deadly force needs to be used. He could have been pursued or located later.

· Super Moderator
15,153 Posts
To all of us couch commandos who weren't there, I strongly suggest that we kick back a bit and see what the real story is rather than relying on a biased media to spoon feed a boat load of animosity on all of us. We NEVER get the real info the first day or even week.

--Wag--

· Keep calm & return fire!
14,179 Posts
And just like with martyr George Floyd. The facts are starting to come out about Rayshard Brooks as well.
He was NOT a good person or upstanding citizen.

Candace sums it up much better than I could... (specifically what she begins explaining at 1:15)

· Registered
6,328 Posts
If this were a different thread and the scenario was....a drunk blackman was trying to taser YOU.....98% of NGF would claim they were justified because they feared for their lives and shot that mofo to pieces.

Both party's made poor choices...he put his life in someone else's hands and they protected and served his ass. 🥴 🥴

· Registered
4,404 Posts
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.