National Gun Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Live Free
3,752 Posts
To my knowledge both are made in China per the manufacturers specifications. In comparing Athlon and Vortex (I have and still do use both), I would lean towards Vortex. What I have found with Athlon is that their scopes tend to have a bit of distortion at high magnification that Vortex equivalents don’t. I have noted that some Athlon scopes have a little more generous eye relief, but not enough to be a game changer for me. I like both brands, but I avoid both companies entry level scopes. The upper echelon scopes from both companies are made in Japan and are serious top quality optics. Some of the Vortex line is made in the Philippines (Viper for example), and seem to reflect better overall performance/quality than the Chinese products.

·
Aim true !
12,422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Reactions: AgedWarrior

·
Live Free
3,752 Posts
Maybe i'll get a UTG. I like the one i got from you. And i have on one of my PPC'S. A fixed power. Im having a rough time lol. I want something better than a big box store scope. I want to up the anti with my 223. Maybe this?
Leapers, Inc. - Hunting/Shooting, Sporting Goods and Security Gear
If it suits your needs, then it sounds right to me!(y) You would likely find the Athlon good too...I was just sharing info I have learned... I have two diamondbacks and they are both great for the application too. But lots of people swear by UTG and Leapers...

·
Aim true !
12,422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was going to run to Cabelas and look through some scopes across the store. But ours don't have much in stock.

·
Aim true !
12,422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'll use the standard black. The 2032 batteries that come with scopes. I use for my brass scale.

Reactions: AgedWarrior
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.