National Gun Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Ancient Gaseous Emanation
57,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
LIZ GEORGE
AUGUST 19, 2022

On Friday, the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) announced a new app that will allow users to make anonymous tips about crimes involving firearms, explosives, arson and more.

The ATF tweeted that the bureau is working with Report It, a mobile app that uses “AI inspired technology” to help “prevent incidents before they occur,” according to the company’s website. The ATF app gives users a simple way to “anonymously and confidentially submit tips about crimes.”

“ATF partners with Report It® to provide a simple to use mobile app allowing users to anonymously and confidentially submit tips about crimes happening in communities involving firearms, explosives, arson, and violent crime. For more, go to Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives |. #ATF50 #ATFtips,” the agency tweeted.

The ATF says on its website that the app is designed to “protect our communities” through a public-private partnership.

“We look to you who live in these communities we protect to provide us with information about gun violence,” the ATF website states.

·
Super Moderator
16,145 Posts
Looks like a great thing if honest people use it to report things to an honest agency honestly….

Now we return to our regularly scheduled reality…

Alan

·
Premium Member
2,289 Posts
mark my words… this is first step into red flag reporting… that IS what it is all about… has nothing to do with reporting real tips on crimes (there are already ways to do that)

And… people are going to get shot over this… some anti-gun do-gooder (or neighbor with a grudge) will report that “Johnny across the street has been waving a gun around the house… I saw him through the window“… and the ATF buffoons will bust in and shoot the wrong people when they surprise a homeowner with a no-knock visit

what a freaking bad idea

·
Registered
17,063 Posts
Can I simply report the entire South side of Chicago?

·
Grand Imperial Poobah
30,715 Posts

·
Super Moderator
14,493 Posts
Here come the warrants that can't be substantiated with real evidence...

My only hope is that so many "reports" will be submitted that the ATF will not be able to effectively respond to very many of them.

--Wag--

·
Grand Imperial Poobah
30,715 Posts
These people are mentally ill. I can't stand even thinking about the whole concept. What's wrong with people like that? They need to be dealt with.

It's not about gun safety, it's about control. The Nazis had German citizens reporting on each other before and during WWII started.

Reactions: Joeman335td

·
Registered
17,515 Posts
Here come the warrants that can't be substantiated with real evidence...

My only hope is that so many "reports" will be submitted that the ATF will not be able to effectively respond to very many of them.

--Wag--
joe will hire another 100,000 agents. I'm thinking my ex-neighbors are trying to figure out what they can call me on. They'll make something up, but I don't have am AR anymore. They've both seen one, she even shot my carbine, so they "know" I have one,maybe I pointed it at them they will say....but I haven't owned one in two years, so the jokes on them. But I'm sure the ATF would make me regret ever owning one.

·
Registered
8,173 Posts
LIZ GEORGE
AUGUST 19, 2022

On Friday, the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) announced a new app that will allow users to make anonymous tips about crimes involving firearms, explosives, arson and more.

The ATF tweeted that the bureau is working with Report It, a mobile app that uses “AI inspired technology” to help “prevent incidents before they occur,” according to the company’s website. The ATF app gives users a simple way to “anonymously and confidentially submit tips about crimes.”

“ATF partners with Report It® to provide a simple to use mobile app allowing users to anonymously and confidentially submit tips about crimes happening in communities involving firearms, explosives, arson, and violent crime. For more, go to Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives |. #ATF50 #ATFtips,” the agency tweeted.

The ATF says on its website that the app is designed to “protect our communities” through a public-private partnership.

“We look to you who live in these communities we protect to provide us with information about gun violence,” the ATF website states.

I think I smell a rat or maybe two rats. This has all the ear marks of the Russian Narodnyi komissariat vnutrennikh del. (NKVD) 3:00 am knock on the door as they kicked it in agency. "If you have a dispute with your neighbor. Call the BATF&E they will take care of the problem for you." NO problem with pesky old Probable Cause nonsense. Jusst a whispered word in the right ears and POOF Ole Billy Bob is GONE. People will argue that this is nothing more than an extension of 'Crime Stoppers'. That dog won't hunt. Crime stoppers is a LOCAL LAW ENFORCEMENT organization looking for specific crime information. Not a sell your bothersome neighbor to Big Brother network.
Just me not trusting Big Brother or anyone else for that matter.
Roy

·
Registered
901 Posts
I think I smell a rat or maybe two rats. This has all the ear marks of the Russian Narodnyi komissariat vnutrennikh del. (NKVD) 3:00 am knock on the door as they kicked it in agency. "If you have a dispute with your neighbor. Call the BATF&E they will take care of the problem for you." NO problem with pesky old Probable Cause nonsense. Jusst a whispered word in the right ears and POOF Ole Billy Bob is GONE. People will argue that this is nothing more than an extension of 'Crime Stoppers'. That dog won't hunt. Crime stoppers is a LOCAL LAW ENFORCEMENT organization looking for specific crime information. Not a sell your bothersome neighbor to Big Brother network.
Just me not trusting Big Brother or anyone else for that matter.
Roy
What has the ATF done to make them be trusted by anyone?

·
Registered
8,173 Posts
mark my words… this is first step into red flag reporting… that IS what it is all about… has nothing to do with reporting real tips on crimes (there are already ways to do that)

And… people are going to get shot over this… some anti-gun do-gooder (or neighbor with a grudge) will report that “Johnny across the street has been waving a gun around the house… I saw him through the window“… and the ATF buffoons will bust in and shoot the wrong people when they surprise a homeowner with a no-knock visit

what a freaking bad idea
Yup, this whole deal is a disaster waiting for a chance to strike.
This is what Hitler did. He had everybody squealing on their neighbors.
Every dictator in history has done this. They control the masses through fear. It has been working to some degree here in America for the past 50 years.
Roy

1 - 20 of 24 Posts