National Gun Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Accu-tek AT-380

http://www.gundirectory.com/more.asp?gid=20010&gun=Pistol

It seems like a very concealable pistol, exactly what I am looking for. I am not in a position to afford anything expensive so I have been looking at hi-points and then found this. hi-point gets alot of decent reviews, some bad, some good, but ive fired 3 of em before so that will be my at home protection.

anyways, back on topic, anyone have any reviews on this AT-380? I cant find anything on google.

·
drinks other peoples beer
385 Posts
Sorry I can't help you with either the HighPoint or the Accu Tek , but my wife has a Bersa Thunder 380 and for an inexpensive handgun she's top notch. A little larger than the AT but still concealable.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry I can't help you with either the HighPoint or the Accu Tek , but my wife has a Bersa Thunder 380 and for an inexpensive handgun she's top notch. A little larger than the AT but still concealable.
Ive heard of Bersa, never fired one before. Whats the retail on that? Ill probably be buying used, but who knows. maybe I will fall into some money. LOL

·
Dong Tam, RSVN '69/'70
3,428 Posts

·
Registered
553 Posts
Bersa .380 runs around $400. I have a Bersa Thunder .45 that I carry. Have put about 500 rounds thru it. Shoots true everytime! Good sturdy inexpensive weapon with a good liftime warranty. All they state is for you NOT to change anything on the weapon. :thumbsup:

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Paid $219 for a used 380 2 weeks ago @ Gander Mtn - sweet little gun.
nice find for sure! im doing alot of online used shopping, dunno if thats bad or good. I havent searched around alot locally and the gun show comes once every 6-8 weeks.

·
drinks other peoples beer
385 Posts
Well, if you're not in a huge hurry - I'd try looking at a few of your local gunsmiths/shops. See what they have, and if you have your mind set on something in particular, in a certain price range, ask them to keep a lookout for you. Might save you some change and develop a working relationship with the shop. But make sure you find something that fits you, not every gun fits every hand.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
But make sure you find something that fits you, not every gun fits every hand.
so true! I have done a fair amount of shooting at 2 different ranges (indoor and outdoor). Ive used small guns like a Walther .22 (girlfriend's) and up to the hi-point HCL .40 (heavy sun of a gun) and I know exactly what you mean.

·
The 500 S&W stare...
10,304 Posts
If you don't want to spend a lot you might want to take a look at a Kel-Tec. I like my PF-9 and I paid $249.99.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I bought a used Bersa for my wife in Nov for 170 dollars, by Jan I had myself a new one (300 dollars). I'm not the biggest guy in the world and sort of slim, so the size of the Bersa is just about perfect, and man does it shoot nice. I live on the Mississippi Coast and the prices here may be different than where you live. Also, our local Academy Sports carries the Bersa 380, but they sell out quickly. The list at Academy is 269 for a new one, and that is well below what you'll probably find in a gun shop, if you can find the gun at all.

·
Just Some Dude...
1,142 Posts
I too will endorse the Bersa .380. We paid about $200 for my wife's NIB. Nice quality pistol for sure!

·
Gun Nut
1,599 Posts
As I have said before the Bersa 380 is a great weapon. Mine was one of my fathers and he did a little gunsmithing to it. It has a stronger spring and some other changes done to it. But still a great shooing weapon.

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
For a few years I carried an older/1980's era Bersa Model 85 (13 round magazine) when all the "authorities" were saying that .380 ACP was not "enough" round to get the job done. I never felt that my Bersa was not sufficient to my needs, especially loaded with the "right" rounds for self defense - it shot marvelously well. Since that time, I've had the opportunity to handle and fire a fairly large cross section of .380s - my favorite of them all is the SIG P230/232, with the H&K 4 a close second - both of those command a fairly high retail and resale price. I currently carry, as back-up piece, a Kel-Tec 3AT and have it loaded with MagSafe ammo - it satifies my inner need for a secure back-up to what ever primary piece/caliber I'm carrying. I have handled, promoted and sold, but never fired the AccuTeks, HiPoints and Cobra .380s. Feed back I have received from customers has indicated that they all work and will fire, reliably, standard ammunition, i.e. FMJ round nose. There have been a few exceptions, but when purchased NEW, the factories have always made good on their warrantees. All that aside - there are some very well made milsurp/East European/ComBlock semi-autos on the current market, many chambered in 9mm Makarov (9x18mm MAK), that are well within the price range for the others and, in my experience, as well, if not better made and have just as, if not better, accuracy potential than the current crop of domestic .380s, and in addition, the 9mm MAK cartridge has a slight edge in muzzle energy. Taking all this into consideration and mixing it around in the salad bowl, a potential buyer may decide that buying a FEG PA-63, Polish PM-64, Czech CZ82 or any of the ComBloc Makarov pistols may be just the ticket for SD use, rather than a "low end" domestic .380 semi. For reference, I've owned and shot all of the aforementioned ComBloc pistols (plus quite a few others in other calibers) and found them all to be very good values and surprisingly accurate. My two favorites (both show excellent concealability and ACCURACY) are the PA-63 (7+1 round) and the slightly larger CZ-82 (12 +1 rounds). I would not be embarrassed to carry (and do at times) either one of these. Your desires and wants may vary - you choose - you live with your choices. Good luck.
P.S. - there is a decent availability of 9mm MAK SD ammo available, today - not like 10 years ago. I was able to buy several hundered rounds of Cor-Bon 9mm MAK ammo (95 gr. a 1100 fps from 3" barrel) several years ago before they stopped production, and that is what I prefer for close up and personal carry, with these firearms. Just my Humble Opinion.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts