National Gun Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Two snapcaps up!

I was discussing - with a good friend - last night about revealing to his new boss last week about his status as a gun owner.

How many of you are still "in the closet" when it comes to GUNS and YOUR boss???
:shock:

·
Iron Maiden
8,441 Posts
My boss buys me my guns (hubby :mrgreen: )

At his place of employment, a big fortune 5 company, they all know he has guns, and many other people there do......

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
brier-49 said:
Come on I work in a Post Office, it's the law I have to own guns. Isn't it?
mmmm... might make an exception for you...

BTW Where is your route? :shock:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I don't give a damm who knows I have guns, but as it happens I'm self employed and it don't matter BUT my customers all know I'm a big gun owner and hunter. -I :--- -I

·
Registered
263 Posts
I'm retired now, but my boss knew I owned guns. One day while returning from a meeting he asked me if Congress were writing the Constitution and the Bill of Rights today if I thought they'd include a Second Amendment. I told him heck no. And asked if he thought they'd include a First Amendment. Or a Fourth Amemdment. Or a Fifth Amendment. Etc.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I worked for a major insurance company for years. The handbook said "no employee shall carry firearms while on company business.
My philosophy is rather be fired by one than carried by twelve. All the field people carried-
it was enforced like "don't ask, don't tell" :---

·
Registered
569 Posts
We're not allowed to bring firearms on hotel property. I leave mine in my motorcycle saddlebags. I am parked close enought to the parking attendents
and I can see my bike .

·
Registered
761 Posts
I work closing shift at a gas station. I wish I had the authorization to have a gun at work. Granted, I don't work in anywhere near what you'd consider a bad neighborhood, but I'd rather have that little extra security, just in case some meth-head came in thinking they could get froggy with me and win.

I'd be carrying my 1911A1 with 230 grain Winchester hollowpoints if I could. Some stupid gang-banger would come in with a Hi-Point 9mm thinking they're all tough and shizzle, and I'd pull my .45 out and blast their head off. But no, we have a strict "don't be a hero" policy at work.

Did I also mention that I put in to get ONE DAY off this weekend so I could spend time with my brother who's in the Air Force, and I didn't get it?

Maybe they won't grand my day off application when I put in to get this coming weekend off for drill. That'd be nice.

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
The company I worked for before I retired was pro-gun. Two of the owners bought guns from me at one time and actually helped me sell off a small collection of guns from a friend that passed on.

My current part time employer where I work for fun, is totally anti-gun, knife, etc. I am not allowed to even have a pen knife on my person. But of course they issue all the employees a razor knife big enough to dress out an Elk!! Quite funny!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts