National Gun Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You've got to get the Lewis Lead Remover. I've had one stuffed away in a drawer, forgotten about untill I started scrubbing away at a barrel tonight. Its got a jag with a brass mesh attached, you pull it through your barrel and it works a helluva lot better than scrubbing with a brush. Only took a few passes to do what 15 minutes of scrubbing could. Simply works.

·
Registered
957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was just looking for brownells site to find one and put up a link, the site wouldnt load up, but I'll try to locate one and post. Mines an old one that dad gave me a while back.

G

·
another good item to try is hoppes bore snake. they come in all shotgun gauges and calibres. the shot gun varieties havetwo sizes of brass brushes on it and the last 18 " cleans out the fouling. available at sir mailorder winnipeg manitoba, canada , http://www.sirmailorder.ca or 1-800-265-6245

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
red-rider said:
You've got to get the Lewis Lead Remover. I've had one stuffed away in a drawer, forgotten about untill I started scrubbing away at a barrel tonight. Its got a jag with a brass mesh attached, you pull it through your barrel and it works a helluva lot better than scrubbing with a brush. Only took a few passes to do what 15 minutes of scrubbing could. Simply works.
I have got to get one of those. I scrub until I am tired of scrubing sometimes and that would be a nice option to have in my cleaning kit!

G

·
Thanks Red Ryder!
I have a Ruger .45 with 7 1/2" bbl that I shoot cowboy loads through. You know how hard it is to get that sucker clean. I'm ordering mine today :-B-:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts