National Gun Forum banner
41 - 46 of 46 Posts

· Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
BillT Quote:Agree totally. I've made this argument with the anti NRA, 20 something, black rifle dirt shooting crowd. But their reply is usually something to the effect, "Why should I pay to join an organization that has done nothing but compromise my rights away?" I get sick of listening to it. As I mentioned it's much more prevalent with the 20 something, black rifle, bump fire crowd. I really like AR-15's, and own several. But I really get sick of the attitude of many of the younger owners of them. They've brainwashed, (bull$h!tted would be a better word), themselves into thinking the NRA is worse than Sarah Brady. If you want a really good example of what I'm talking about go over to http://www.black-rifles.com/forums/index.php? I started a pro NRA thread over there, (same one as I did here), and just look at the fire it drew. There is one warped soul over there who calls himself "EOD" and is a moderator of sorts. He makes Joe Biden look like our best friend! It's totally unbelievable the way these nit wits think. I have a feeling this is the same crowd who believes we faked the Moon landings, and 9/11 was an "inside job"! Idiot's all. Bill T.

Wow! I went over there and read most of the four page thread and several others. You did a great job defending the NRA and putting them in their place. Its important to just let those kind of folks know that most of us disagree with them and think they are idiots.

You need to find a list of all the lawsuits that the NRA has been involved in over the last 30 years and just flood the forum with it. They claim there are no facts to favor the NRA. One that comes to mind is the recent lawsuit when the NRA sued the city of San Francisco claiming their law outlawing gun ownership in the city was illegal. They won and proved that only the State of California can pass laws outlawing firearms. That was a big win for them. I have not followed it to completion since there was an appeal later on so some research needs to be done to check the final outcome.

· Pro Gun Advocate
10,940 Posts
sig232 said:
One that comes to mind is the recent lawsuite when the NRA sued the city of San Francisco claiming their law outlawing gun ownership in the city was illegial. They won and proved that only the State of California can pass laws outlawing firearms. That was a big win for them. I have not followed it to completion since there was an appeal later on so some reasearch needs to be done to check the final outcome.
Just ruled on today, here's from NRA-ILA.

NRA Wins Big in California State Court of Appeals Fairfax, VA – The California State Court of Appeals announced today their decision to overturn one of the most restrictive gun bans in the country, following a legal battle by attorneys for the National Rifle Association (NRA) and a previous court order against the San Francisco Board of Supervisors.

“Today’s decision by the California State Court of Appeals is a big win for the law-abiding citizens and NRA Members of San Francisco,” declared Chris W. Cox, NRA’s chief lobbyist.

· Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
Glock27Bill said:
sig232 said:
One that comes to mind is the recent lawsuite when the NRA sued the city of San Francisco claiming their law outlawing gun ownership in the city was illegial. They won and proved that only the State of California can pass laws outlawing firearms. That was a big win for them. I have not followed it to completion since there was an appeal later on so some reasearch needs to be done to check the final outcome.

NRA Wins Big in California State Court of Appeals Fairfax, VA – The California State Court of Appeals announced today their decision to overturn one of the most restrictive gun bans in the country, following a legal battle by attorneys for the National Rifle Association (NRA) and a previous court order against the San Francisco Board of Supervisors.

“Today’s decision by the California State Court of Appeals is a big win for the law-abiding citizens and NRA Members of San Francisco,” declared Chris W. Cox, NRA’s chief lobbyist.

There you go, thanks for picking up that info glock27bill. I am sure there are thousands of examples that can be pulled up that show lawsuits that the NRA has sponsored or participated in over the last 30+ years.

· Pro Gun Advocate
10,940 Posts
sig232 said:
Glock27Bill said:
sig232 said:

There you go, thanks for picking up that info glock27bill. I am sure there are thousands of examples that can be pulled up that show lawsuits that the NRA has sponsored or participated in over the last 30+ years.
Just last night I got a call from GOA asking for support to get in the Supreme Court fight.

I went to their site to see if they had an equivalent to the NRA-ILA area, in order to find out what they posted regarding their legislative successes. Mostly what I found were their criticisms of the actions of "others." I could not find any examples of legislation that they actually sponsored, lobbied for and got passed.

I did a similar search on CCRKBA. While they also seemed to lack a concrete legislative record, at least they understand what I'm adopting as my new Free Speach Safety Rule #1..."Never point your mouth at anything you don't intend to destroy."

I'm all for supporting organizations that fight for my rights, but not entities that elevate themselves primarily by denegrating others. (Unacceptable behaviour in organizations and in individuals).

I'm still deciding what to do and how to communicate this to them, not only on this issue but on the net benefit to gun owners of our long term relationship. Right now, I'm leaning towards sending my check to the NRA. At least I know that it will go to the right battle.

· Banned
1,456 Posts
sig232 said:
Thanks glock27bill. If you guys can find information of this type, please post it here, or else provide the link, and I'll flood their "NRA The Good" thread with it!

http://www.black-rifles.com/forums/inde ... opic=23161

Anything the NRA has accomplished from a legal standpoint that simply means less gun control is whats needed. I'll wait until we get several like this one glock27bill has just posted, then I will cut and paste them over there. You guys can do the same if you wish. The more the merrier! Bill T.

· Banned
1,456 Posts
I bombed the link I posted above with a bunch of links to pro NRA victories. Feel free to do the same to these fools. :lol: Bill T.

41 - 46 of 46 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.