National Gun Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So you are a gun owner, do you back up that belief with a membership in a gun rights organization? I won't get into names but wanted to toss that on the table for discussion.

W

·
0 Posts
NRA, Gun Owners of America and the new Jewish one. I'm for any organization that supports the 2nd. :---

ps: Just sent tne NRA a donation today, 3 August.

·
Chicago Pro-Gun Activist
2,444 Posts
NRA

T

·
0 Posts
GOA, SAF, TFA. I quit the NRA when they kept endorsing anti gun candidates.

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I am a patron NRA member but I also support GOA and the Oregon Firearms Federation.

Its good to join and support your favorite organization to help preserve second amendment rights.

P

·
0 Posts
hi national firearms association, up here in canada, canadian sports shooting association,national rifle association of america, ducks unlimited canada(wetland owner),north american hunting club,ontario federation of anglers and hunters and any other association that will stop any amendments to bill c-68(gun control laws) up here in canada. pblsyd

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
pblsyd said:
hi national firearms association, up here in canada, canadian sports shooting association,national rifle association of america, ducks unlimited canada(wetland owner),north american hunting club,ontario federation of anglers and hunters and any other association that will stop any amendments to bill c-68(gun control laws) up here in canada. pblsyd
Canada had a run against private gun rights and a registration requirement enacted. What is being done to turn that law around since I see residents have been very angry about the cost of this new registration program and the fact that is has not detered gun crime?

Are handguns ownership now outlawed in Canada?

P

·
0 Posts
hi sorry to be so long getting back. we are trying to get the conservative government re-elected,this time with a majority government, so that bill c-68 can be completely repealed. the stupid part is all gun owners are mad as hell, because the whole thing is pollitically based and rediculous in reality. i,m a gunsmith and i have the cops in to see me once in a while and they are completly clueless on firearms laws. you can't get a firearms lisence if you have a criminal record. you can't register a firearm if you haven't got a liscence. the only people who can register are law abidding citizens. o.k. somebody steals your rifle, goes around the corner and kills somebody. he leaves your gun at the scene, the cops trace the gun through registration , find out you own it. guess what? you're under arrest for murder. IT HAS HAPPENED. i even had one cop tell me they love it! they get to chase around lawful people instead of criminals. after all we don't shoot back. the studip canadian government (under the liberal party ) just gave up on crime. it's cheaper and easier to harrass the general public.there are just enough yuppies and feminists to fall for the b.s.and on it goes.our entire country on a lot of issues functions completely on misinformation. god don't get me started, i could go on for days.

P

·
0 Posts
yes handguns are legal in canada, but they are classed as a restricted firearm,which requires a special liscence.they have been tightly controlled since the end of the first world war. i.e. all your lisence allows you to do is go to and from a shooting range and back home. there is no carrying of any kind.there is no hunting with them, even a semi auto semi shotgun or rifle has to have a barrel length of 18.5" do a lot of work putting muzzle breaks on m1's with a barrel length of 18 3/8 ". sorry 1/8" too short.semi auto long guns can only have a clip max. of 5 rounds. and on and on. it's all B.S.pblsyd

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
pblsyd said:
yes handguns are legal in canada, but they are classed as a restricted firearm,which requires a special liscence.they have been tightly controlled since the end of the first world war. i.e. all your lisence allows you to do is go to and from a shooting range and back home. there is no carrying of any kind.there is no hunting with them, even a semi auto semi shotgun or rifle has to have a barrel length of 18.5" do a lot of work putting muzzle breaks on m1's with a barrel length of 18 3/8 ". sorry 1/8" too short.semi auto long guns can only have a clip max. of 5 rounds. and on and on. it's all B.S.pblsyd
Good information, thanks for the post and thanks for being part of this forum. :)

M

·
0 Posts
NRA life member and GOAL of MA

It is so important that you support 2A groups. Here in MA there is somewhere around 150,000 gun owners but GOAL which is our main gun rights group only has about 18,000 members. Support your rights or lose them, believe me we in MA know this from personal experiences.

·
Premium Member
15,424 Posts
NRA (Life)
NRA - ILA
GOA
JPFL
NMSSA
NAFD

1 - 20 of 46 Posts