National Gun Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
13,474 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A couple months ago, I was chasing a huge toad in my Florida room. They bother my cat. I finally caught him, he was about starved to death. I took him out back and let him go. A couple weeks later, another huge toad, fattened up, in my Florida room. I caught him early one morning, went out side and through him about 30 ft to a neighbors yard. Well, I was watching my cat on cam and something was distracting her. Yup, a huge toad. I don't know if it's the same toad, but I don't know where they're coming from. I can only assume it's the same damn toad that thinks this is his home. I bashed his head in with a hammer. I don't kill things anymore, so that was tough. One thing for sure, THAT toad won't be coming back. We have a Bufo toad problem here, they're poisonous to animals. We are told to kill them if we find one, they are an invasive species. I'm not sure if he was one, but he's dead. Do they claim a territory? I have to figure out an easier way to kill them.

·
Keep calm & return fire!
11,345 Posts
I dont know if they're smart but you could have "tagged" him with a small zip tie around one of ankles to see if he was returning.

The other toads would have thought he was a badass sporting an ankle monitor.

·
Premium Member
5,638 Posts
So many invasive species are in Florida. Why do people let things go or even have them in the first place? Get some shot shells for the .22. If you see any Taegu Lizzards, Boas and pythons, shoot them with full power .22! Vicious bastards. Then there’s all of the natural targets running around like snakes, lizards and criminals.

·
Aim true !
10,073 Posts
Pellet pistol or rifle would be a easy way to dispatch them.

·
Super Moderator
11,198 Posts
Put 'em in a ziplock baggie and put 'em in the freezer. Best way to euthanize a cold-blooded critter.

--Wag--

·
Registered
2,917 Posts
So many invasive species are in Florida. Why do people let things go or even have them in the first place? Get some shot shells for the .22. If you see any Taegu Lizzards, Boas and pythons, shoot them with full power .22! Vicious bastards. Then there’s all of the natural targets running around like snakes, lizards and criminals.
Many were released by accident during a couple of bad hurricanes.

·
RELOAD=More PEW PEW
12,410 Posts
I'd love to have something to shoot up here, we had rabbits but I think the herbicide peoples put on their lawn are poisoning them so they're almost all gone, too bad

·
Registered
156 Posts
But it's worth it putting up with invasive species to live in Florida, so you can enjoy the state's other big attraction: Hurricanes! (FWIW, I used to live there. Ironically, I choose somewhere else to retire...)

·
RELOAD=More PEW PEW
12,410 Posts
Must've been there (as a tourist) dozens of times it always seemed like a nice humid place to live :LOL:

·
RELOAD=More PEW PEW
12,410 Posts
Half of those times I was there the first two weeks of July for obvious reasons and because at Disney in July there's like 1/4 less peoples visiting and on the 4th at Disney it's so awesome

·
Registered
13,474 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
My ex and I went to Disney once in May. Standing in line in 90 degree heat was so much fun.

·
RELOAD=More PEW PEW
12,410 Posts
Which is why I went there in July, 5 10 minutes max for any places you want to visit

1 - 15 of 15 Posts