National Gun Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Apparently I have short thumbs because on 99% of guns I try either I can't reach the mag release, or if I can reach it I can't push it in. I'm not comfortable breaking my grip or using my support hand, and I'm quite hesitant to go with a revolver. (I like my light rails and RMR's)

The only gun I can use the mag release without modification is the S&W .380EZ, but it's .380 and single stack...boo.

FN 509 seemed like it would work but the ambi release was hitting my middle finger so I don't know about that. Has anyone used the right hand only aftermarket mag release for the 509?

I've tried just about every popular current production gun so far. Is there such a thing as getting a custom made pistol like a well fitted suit?

Thanks very much!

·
Registered
655 Posts
You're just messed up physically. Sure you can have a gun made just for you. All it takes is money.

No such thing as a Production Run Gun to fit all. Everyone has their limitations.

·
Registered
7,843 Posts
Tried the SIG P365? About the size of the Shield but with 12 +1 of 9mm
For ME, being LH, I use my trigger finger ton release the mag

·
Registered
5,902 Posts
I shift the grip in my hand when hitting most mag releases. I thought that was normal. ??? If I could hit the mag release when shooting. That's probably what I would do. I don't want to do that.
Just get an LCR and be happy.

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
Have seen a few Taylor made the price tags are insane seen P08 style with stock running close to $4000.00 so if you have the money to burn YUP

1 - 12 of 12 Posts