National Gun Forum banner
21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
432 Posts
Not too long ago, I heard a report on the radio saying that one municipality was considering a proposal to require cops to keep their guns locked in a glove box. If they were to need it, they were to call dispatch and explain the situation. Then, dispatch would send the remote signal to unlock the glove box so the officer could retrieve the weapon.

I have to see if I can find a link to that story.

--Wag--
And this is the exact reason why we lost in Vietnam!

·
Super Moderator
13,567 Posts
Cannot find the story to save my life...... Ugh.

--Wag--

·
Super Moderator
13,567 Posts
Yup. That's it. The writer makes so many erroneous assumptions ("routine traffic stop") that it's pathetic.

Anyhoo, thank you, RM.

--Wag--

Reactions: RMLamp

·
Registered
4,104 Posts
To continue going off on a tangent there is a municipality that requires or wants to require supervisor permission to pursue suspects. The blue restrictions continue you may need a social worker permission to shoot anyone in the future. "Does he/she/it/they/them.. come from a broken home?" "Was he/she/it/they/them... abused as a child?" Does he/she/it/they/them.. seem coherent?"

·
Premium Member
1,486 Posts
I won't be buying a smart gun, ever

I won't be buying a self-driving vehicle either

I don't have speakers nor TVs that listen to what is going on in my house

Much tech is not human progress IMHO .... It is often inappropriately intrusive

Many old ways were better

But I'll be dead and those who are left can do what they please

·
Registered
110 Posts
I've been hearing this for the last 25 years. They're no closer to it now, than they were then. The electronic fire controls are far too susceptible to outside interference. The first time one of those things failed to fire electronically, and a cop got killed, or put into a wheelchair as a result, the company making it would be sued out of business.

Today they've got all they can do to keep garage door openers from acting up. Many of them can be made not to work by simply screwing a LED bulb into them.

·
Premium Member
9,145 Posts
The New Jersey DemocRat controlled state I live in, passed a law a few years ago that as soon as a “smart gun” is on the market, it will be the only type of gun legally for sale in my state.

• Wow
Reactions: Wag

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
The electronic fire controls are far too susceptible to outside interference. The first time one of those things failed to fire electronically, and a cop got killed, or put into a wheelchair as a result, the company making it would be sued out of business.
Rumors, accurate or not of any sort of electronic/software failure would spread thru the land like a dry grass fire. Word of mouth would kill any company as quickly as a class action suit.
I cannot see any major manufacturer evening thinking of putting one into market without extreme R&D and unheard of testing programs. Now, a new start up, loaded down with government grant money so the board members have a golden parachute, well, yes that can happen.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I put this type of nonsense into much the same category as primers that "go dead" after a specific time. It's all B.S. because the technology simply does not exist. If it did, and did so reliably, you would have both. We don't because it doesn't. All you're getting is lip service. And as always, that is free.

·
Registered
740 Posts
And this is the exact reason why we lost in Vietnam!
We lost in Viet Nam because they read, implemented, and practiced the principals in "The Art of War". To your point, we had to ask permission to kill the enemy in too many cases (Hanoi). Haig and McNamara should have been court martialed and tried, in McNamara's case, for stupidity. They have the blood of over 58,000 dead and countless maimed Americans on their hands. Haig could have advised Johnson to either blow the place up or get out but nooooo. At least Nixon attempted to end the thing as lame as he was. And, we didn't learn a damned thing from it all.

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
We lost in Viet Nam because they read, implemented, and practiced the principals in "The Art of War". To your point, we had to ask permission to kill the enemy in too many cases (Hanoi). Haig could have advised Johnson to either blow the place up or get out but nooooo. At least Nixon attempted to end the thing as lame as he was. And, we didn't learn a damned thing from it all.
The last official declaration of war was made by congress at the beckoning of FDR in 1942.
I think our government has learned quite a bit in the art of placating defense contractors and their lobbysists and inserting our military into situations that look like war, sound like war, kill more our of troops that most any other country without a declaration of war. And all the while they pump us up and sell us a bottle of elixer called patriotism so we'll go along with it.

·
Registered
740 Posts
The last official declaration of war was made by congress at the beckoning of FDR in 1942.
I think our government has learned quite a bit in the art of placating defense contractors and their lobbysists and inserting our military into situations that look like war, sound like war, kill more our of troops that most any other country without a declaration of war. And all the while they pump us up and sell us a bottle of elixer called patriotism so we'll go along with it.
Eisenhower, in plain language, warned of what is going on right now in his farewell speech which is on Youtube. Nobody listened and the intoxication of money prevailed. Eisenhower was the last president to genuinely understand war and its' implications. He saw dead soldiers up close. Both ours and from the Axis powers. Many of them. That might change one's perspective.

21 - 38 of 38 Posts