National Gun Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6,207 Posts
i understand...............it gets a tad murky about govt authority and the perceived emergencies and exigent circumstances on such a large scale.........
throw in a lack of faith in the media coverage and in the govt itself...it gets more murky.

there was a story a few days back about some old codger that refused to self quarantine and was placed under police house arrest......now while that would had been disturbing to me a couple of months back with concerns about govt over-reach........that was then.

my first thought nowadays reading this recent article was someone is going to shoot the basta^^ as he was tested positive and was willing to endanger the public.......talk about a 180 degree flip...he is now looked at as a public safety imminent threat......and therefore subject to emergency action.....he is viewed as no different from a walmart shooter........

·
Grand Imperial Poobah
22,251 Posts
Fear has always been a tool used to trample the rights of the people.

·
Registered
13,189 Posts
i understand...............it gets a tad murky about govt authority and the perceived emergencies and exigent circumstances on such a large scale.........
throw in a lack of faith in the media coverage and in the govt itself...it gets more murky.

there was a story a few days back about some old codger that refused to self quarantine and was placed under police house arrest......now while that would had been disturbing to me a couple of months back with concerns about govt over-reach........that was then.

my first thought nowadays reading this recent article was someone is going to shoot the basta^^ as he was tested positive and was willing to endanger the public.......talk about a 180 degree flip...he is now looked at as a public safety imminent threat......and therefore subject to emergency action.....he is viewed as no different from a walmart shooter........

A guy like that is no different than someone who knows they are HIV positive and purposely goes and has sex without telling people.

·
Registered
18,604 Posts
Parents who are so stupid as to NOT vaccinate their children are not popular in school districts across America. Think of America today as one huge school district. I realize "maturity & common sense" are in shorter supply nowadays than not too long ago, but what we do have should be brought to bear, with a vengeance if necessary!

·
Registered
131 Posts
obama got everyone sooooooo paranoid and turned everybody against each other i am supprised there hasnt been a civil war yet.
i saw on the tv some show comparing this to the flu outbreak that killed so many people in 1919.
dont people realise medicin has come a long way in the last 100 years

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
It doesn't matter if it is constitutional, governments will do what they want to do, you don't like it get a lawyer and bring your checkbook.

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
It doesn't matter if it is constitutional, governments will do what they want to do, you don't like it get a lawyer and bring your checkbook.
You have hit it on the nail head! The left DemocRATic politician enacts an anti-gun law that, being a lawyer, knows very well that it is unconstitutional, but he also knows that fighting such law and having it remove from the books requires a lot of $$$$$$, a good attorney (who are expensive ) and a lot of time, sometime years, meanwhile the law stays in the books penalizing the law abiding citizen. It is done on purpose!

It is all in the plan, folks, all in the plan.

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
long ago Florida voted to allowed vouchers for public school but the teachers union fought it and had it overturned saying the law was illegal.

but in the few months it was in effect the bad schools improved they scores dramatically. They feared losing students (government funds), less students means less government money

A reporter asked a state rep if he knew the law was illegal when they passed it and he said "we pass a lot of illegal laws".

1 - 10 of 10 Posts