National Gun Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Banned
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know correlation does not necessarily equal causation, but ....

https://www.ammoland.com/2019/10/ar...ent-crime-rates-trend-downward/#axzz62vr289Es

Looking at a 10-year trend, the numbers of violent crimes were down a full 9 percent from 2009 through 2018. The rate shows a more dramatic drop:
“There were an estimated 368.9 violent crimes per 100,000 inhabitants in 2018, a rate that fell 3.9 percent when compared with the 2017 estimated violent crime rate and dropped 14.6 percent from the 2009 estimate.”
Homicides with firearms were down 7 percent from 2017. And in stark contrast to the theatrics of last week’s House Judiciary Committee on banning modern sporting rifles, rifles were again only used in 2 percent of homicides, far less than the share committed with knives (11 percent) or hands and feet (5 percent).
MSR Ownership Up. Crime Down
This chart says it all. Through 2016, there have been over 16 million modern sporting rifles in the hands of law-abiding citizens. Meanwhile, violent crime is declining. The message is clear. Tragic criminal actions must be addressed. Banning certain types of firearms is not the answer.

· Registered
288 Posts
Facts and “data” are to argue against. Firearms in the hands of law abiding citizens are a net positive contrary to the leftists narrative. Moreover, when you drill down into the data, the gun violence involves gang violence. Just look at Chicago.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

· Banned
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
"A net positive" I like the way you put that.

The effect of an AR-15 style rifle pointed at a bad guy was dramatically illustrated recently, here:

https://www.ammoland.com/2019/09/home-invasion-stopped-with-ar-15-ruger-ar-556-video/#axzz62vr289Es

(no, I know have nothing to do with "ammoland.com" ... just a good source for all things firearms and gun news, etc.)

Dang, the video has been removed by the owner, no doubt, do to his legal counsel. He traumatized the invaders, and has no doubt subjected himself to a lawsuit for emotional harm.

· Registered
629 Posts
On another forum, years ago, some guy got on the Internet to tell the story of his wife shooting an intruder - at his instructions on the phone. When he was posting it, the police had not even gotten there yet. He continued to post how she was justified and that he told her she was and that she should shoot the guy... He kept posting this crap for at least two or three days during which time I, practically alone, kept telling him he needed to shut up and get off the computer; he was seriously risking his wife's and his own freedom. I was also practically pleading for the forum admin to block the guy's account for his own safety and, since the guy seemed not to care, for his wife's.

Finally, after two or three days, the admin blocked his account. I never heard any more; if the guy ever came back to the forum, I never knew it.

When you get into any official interaction with the police, get off the computer. The only one you should be talking to about your case is your attorney.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.