National Gun Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just got a bushmaster carbon 15 type 97S pistol and I’ve been wondering how it compares to the AR-15 rifles. what is the range on the pistols when it comes to accuracy? i haven’t had a chance to go shoot it yet. also is all the parts on it the same as the rifle or do i have to get special parts to modify/customize it? im new to AR's but im starting to get interested in them these last few weeks. I would like to change the upper/lower receiver and buffer tube from carbon to a aluminum or something stronger and get an upper receiver with a forward assist and ejection port cover. any tips

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
wouldn’t it be cheaper to get a gutted upper, lower and buffer tube. then put everything from the carbon receiver in the aluminum receiver?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
where did you find one for 120? and is that with or without the trigger, safety, mag release, pistol grip and all the rest? There’s one striped on the bushmaster web site for 195 and an upper flat top striped for 151 all I would need after that is the ejection port cover and forward assist parts and then the buffer tube. But buying directly from bushmaster seems over priced…and with the extra parts I could just save them for spares i don’t really like how the carbon type receivers feel, it feels like im holding a toy that can break easy

1 - 8 of 8 Posts