National Gun Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Hoping to get some general feedback regarding people's perceptions about AR 15 makers.

What is your favorite AR 15? Who makes it, what's the model number, and why do you like it above all other brands and models? Thanks. Just trying to zero in on where I might want to look to get my first AR 15. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
Now is not a good time to buy. Demand is up and supply is low. I would recomend you start looking locally.

·
Live Free
2,752 Posts
Greetings! Welcome to NGF! If you are looking at fully assembled rifles, that are several good guns out there for decent prices. Ruger, S&W, Springfield Armory, PSA are a few reputable manufacturers. There are many more. I prefer to build from an 80% lower and assemble myself.

·
Registered
640 Posts
Welcome to the NGF.

Most ARs are pretty close, in quality. Perhaps you should start, by assembling one from parts. it's not that difficult. Get a manual, there's a few good ones, with pictures, form 20 to 30$. Price out matching stripped lowers and uppers. Then get some parts kits, figure out what type of barrel you prefer, etc. There's tons of youtube videos, also.

I'd avoid the dirt- cheapest rifles. They have to cut corners somewhere, to make a profit. If you're going to buy it assembled, get a name brand you trust. Fixitfred is right, about current S&D.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Now is not a good time to be looking for an affordable AR-15 with the current panic buying. If you want a good quality rifle with good resale value, get a Colt. Other manufacturers make as good or better rifles, but Colts hold their resale value better.

I prefer to buy quality manufactured rifles. If they break or don't work, you send them back to the manufacturer for warranty repair.

I have Colt, Stag, Alexander Arms, and Armalite ARs. My favorite AR-15 is my Colt LE6920. My favorite AR-10 is my Armalite A4. My favorite battle style rifle is my Springfield Armory M1A stainless loaded.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts