National Gun Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm considering buying an ar-15 and making it full auto. I was just wondering if there were models that would(n't) be capable of being make full auto through a RDIAS system. I don't see why they all shouldn't work but I don't know if each company changed the internal parts differently when they had to make the gun semi auto for civilian use.

·
5,082 Posts
Ar-15 full auto basic question

I will hesitantly give a basic answer....

To my "knowledge" and advice to you: You can do this legally (at a cost far exceeding a

legal M16 transfer...) or illegally..and be a felon...!

Please consult the proper authorities...

(note: if you purchase a "shotgun news" $ 200 dollar piece...you probably have consulted
them without even knowing it..)

-----------------

quote from source:

"If you are considering buying an auto sear to convert your AR15 to a full automatic firearm, there is only one option - the registered & transferable DIAS. While it may be tempting to buy a pre-81 to save thousands over the registered sear, the risks are considerable. Possession of an unregistered machinegun (a pre-81 DIAS and an AR15 rifle...or possibly even just a so called “pre-81” DIAS) is a felony punishable by up to 10 years in prison, and up to a $10,000 fine, and permanent loss of your right to ever own a gun or vote again. Numerous rumors have circulated that some of the people selling the pre-81 sears are actually BATF operations."

At least (one) reference to "legally" study some on this subject"...

http://www.quarterbore.com/nfa/dias.html

---------------------------------------------------

However, my "advice", is to consult the BATF. And no, you cannot have my
recipe's for B1 or as is known today, SMTX 10....

:mad2:

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Haha! Yeah I know. I've read the NFA law that was passed and know how to obtain it all legally. I was just wondering if there was an internal differance that would make a registered drop in auto sear or a most likely illegal lightning link not work properly.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts