National Gun Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Premium Member
1,032 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Odd question I know, but I've been having some issues with my stomach and digestive health in general and I'm combing through everything I can think of to figure out what's causing it. Being that it's now shorts and t-shirt weather I've been carrying mostly a very compact gun 'appendix carry'. I'm actually left handed so I suppose it's just 'small intestine carry'. Anybody ever experience the pressure on your lower stomach from carrying like this to cause an upset stomach or other health issues? I can't imagine this is my problem but I'm investigating every possibility.

· Super Moderator
15,143 Posts
I haven't heard of any health issues. Just stay comfortable and you should be good. I carry at 3:00 or 4:00 with a forward cant because it works best. For me. If appendix carry concerns you, try some other things, including an armpit holster.

--Wag--

· Galactic Effectuator
526 Posts
I had my appendix out at age 12, so it's not a problem for me.

Seriously; how tight is your belt? If you've got yourself cinched up tight - so the pistol doesn't slide around - you may be blocking your intestinal tract for that period of time.

In any event, if the problem continues, see your doctor and by all means tell them about how you carry. If Doctor has a cow, you'll know to find a more suitable doctor.

· Super Moderator
16,595 Posts
Just another reason why guns are bad.

Alan

Reactions: gvaldeg1
G

·
i do not think it has anything to do with how you carry your gun, i have carried mine there for 35 years, no health issues to mention. i would let a doctor find the problem.

· Registered
3,633 Posts
I don't like appendix carry. The idea that there is always a gun muzzle pointing in the general direction of the family jewels makes me nervous for some reason.

G

·
bad place

I don't like appendix carry. The idea that there is always a gun muzzle pointing in the general direction of the family jewels makes me nervous for some reason.
i never thought about that, now you have made me wonder if the last 35 years i have been wrong. although i don't think i am going to have an accidental discharge of my gun.

· Super Moderator
15,143 Posts
A truly accidental discharge is something you're never going to expect.

Therefore, at least get a holster which is never going to contribute to the problem.

--Wag--

· Registered
3,633 Posts
Dang Brewster, you are a poet!

· Registered
3,199 Posts
Are you overweight?? I think carry that way might be a problem for an overweight person; especially if carrying IWB.
Why not switch to 4 o'clock carry for a few days and see if the problem goes away.

· Registered
2 Posts
Odd question I know, but I've been having some issues with my stomach and digestive health in general and I'm combing through everything I can think of to figure out what's causing it. Being that it's now shorts and t-shirt weather I've been carrying mostly a very compact gun 'appendix carry'. I'm actually left handed so I suppose it's just 'small intestine carry'. Anybody ever experience the pressure on your lower stomach from carrying like this to cause an upset stomach or other health issues? I can't imagine this is my problem but I'm investigating every possibility.
Did you ever figure it out currently having a similar issue

· Registered
1,944 Posts

· Genius in Training
674 Posts
Did you ever figure it out currently having a similar issue
I typically don't like replying to dead threads that someone else brought back up but I may actually be useful here.

I find that if I wear pants that don't have enough room or crank my belt down too tight then it can cause issues after some time as far as how my stomach feels. Now that I have learned to recognize the feeling I will loosen my belt and that usually solves it. If you are seated for a long period of time, make sure the gun is sitting in a position as to where the back of the slide is pointing up with your torso and not stabbing into you. When buying pants I error on the side of too big to make sure I have enough room to work with.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts