National Gun Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In July, the Albuquerque Police Department will be conducting a gun buyback. $75 for pistols and rifles and $100 for "assault weapons" whatever that means. The new mayor, Tim Keller, is pushing is "reduce the guns in the city initiative" or whatever he's calling it.

Sounds like a great time to go to the buyback with a wad of cash and get some guns on the cheap.

Except for the fact that.........

......New Mexico just passed a bill that is anti private sale so if you're going to buy any of these guns, you'll need to go to an FFL to make the transfer.

Unless..........

.........you go out of the city and make the purchase in a non-enforcement venue like neighboring Sandoval County. :wink:

Of course, the mayor doesn't see that he is likely to drive criminals to steal a bunch of guns from law-abiding citizens in order to fund their meth addictions............

So glad I don't live in Albuquerque.

--Wag--

·
Ancient Gaseous Emanation
53,782 Posts
I'd imagine some entrepreneurial FFL01 holders might show up to make fair offers on some firearms and, to unload their unsalable stock.

·
Registered
10,064 Posts
What about drain pipes...i mean shotguns?

·
Registered
629 Posts
In July, the Albuquerque Police Department will be conducting a gun buyback. $75 for pistols and rifles and $100 for "assault weapons" whatever that means. The new mayor, Tim Keller, is pushing is "reduce the guns in the city initiative" or whatever he's calling it.

Sounds like a great time to go to the buyback with a wad of cash and get some guns on the cheap.

Except for the fact that.........

......New Mexico just passed a bill that is anti private sale so if you're going to buy any of these guns, you'll need to go to an FFL to make the transfer.

Unless..........

.........you go out of the city and make the purchase in a non-enforcement venue like neighboring Sandoval County. :wink:

Of course, the mayor doesn't see that he is likely to drive criminals to steal a bunch of guns from law-abiding citizens in order to fund their meth addictions............

So glad I don't live in Albuquerque.

--Wag--

I wish I lived in Albuquerque for a day.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts