National Gun Forum banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
8,202 Posts
But wind and solar are not consistent or able to manufacture a large enough amount for steady supply as can coal, gas, nuclear or even wave dynamics

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
I’ll continue to buy gas. I drive so little it’s no big deal plus I can do 300 miles without stopping.

·
Super Moderator
14,196 Posts
I believe that hydrogen will somehow be used to create absolutely clean power to generate electricity. I don’t think it is a viable source for small applications like automobiles. There are some things that will require fossil fuels and we should never abandon fossil fuels as a power source

Fresh water is going to become a major issue for mankind that must be solved long before other power sources are a problem.

Alan

·
Grand Imperial Poobah
21,950 Posts
Fresh water is going to become a major issue for mankind that must be solved long before other power sources are a problem.

Alan
We can convert sea water into drinking water. The problem is we can't do it economically.

Reactions: Wag

·
RELOAD=More PEW PEW
12,387 Posts
Well all you need to do is boil it and the sun can do that... ok maybe with the help of a few hundred thousand mirrors and tanks the size of New York but when you need it to live.... Individually it's a lot easier

·
Registered
8,202 Posts
Saudi Arabia's largest single cost for their country is the electricity needed to operate their desalination plants to provide enough fresh water for everyone.

·
RELOAD=More PEW PEW
12,387 Posts
If you put mirrors in a field and arrange them so they can be focused in one point the heat generated would be enough to melt steel, I don't see why they would go electric to heat water to boil it

·
Registered
889 Posts
Hydrogen fuel cell vehicles might be closer that you think. (I'll guess Elon Musk is disappointed that he didn't nail down Tesla's first name too)

·
Registered
8,202 Posts
Cool looking truck......

·
Registered
514 Posts
Wind and solar have had 45 years of policy promotion and preference as well as over $120 billion dollars in direct federal subsidies alone, yet they cannot deliver even 10% of our electricity needs. They are a scam and a ponzi scheme with only offshore wind showing the potential to actually deliver some actually economically viable unsubsidized electricity. Hydro is the real deal but we have tapped it out and the greenies oppose any further dam building.

We keep improving technologies to extract fossil fuels. 15 years ago, natural gas was "over", now, with fracking, we are awash in a sea of it. Traditional extraction would get about 8% of the oil in an oil field out. Now with secondary and teriary extraction we can get 20%, maybe a little more. If we can double that, we are still leaving 50% of the oil in a field.

Hydrogen is a long, long way off.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Hydrogen has been a fuel for over 100 years. It will continue to be a fuel.

Right now in the Earth there are over 2,000 years worth of coal left (at present consumption), and at least a thousand years worth of oil, natural gas et cetera left..

It's only the current propaganda machines that have hydrogen being pushed off on us by the extreme left, which they ALREADY know full good and well it is not feasible for 7 billion people; however, emotionally and logically it is a far better argument than electric vehicles.

For example, in order to charge and electric car, right now someone somewhere has to burn a fossil fuel and or split an atom as well as get that electricity to a "charging station" or someone's home The left's elitists of course know this and are propagandizing hydrogen as their, if I may, "nirvana" fuel of the future but they also know it cannot be dome for 7 billion people.

Long story short, all this is brought upon the world's population in lieu of the forth coming carbon taxes, which will of course be know by a different moniker when it is mandated. You will not need to worry about where to charge your car when you cannot afford one and have to ride a bicycle, which will have manufacturing process carbon taxes applied to both the purchase of it as well as the maintaining of it for LEGAL use on the roadways that will be carbon taxed, by way of tolls, as well.

Wake up and smell the coffee folks........ It is going to get really really really bad before it gets much worse.

As always, "Keep your powder dry,"

PW

·
Registered
8,202 Posts
I'd like to know what happens when towing a utility trailer and you have rolling terrain as to how long those batteries last then.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Amazon ordered 100,000 electric vans from Rivan. That's just the tip of the iceberg. As well as hydroelectric, we have wind and solar.
Yes, and they made the money to buy those by selling cheap Chinese crap that is manufactured with no regulations on its pollution.

Sent from my SM-T290 using Tapatalk

21 - 35 of 35 Posts