National Gun Forum banner

Anyone know what's going on with Republic Fireamrs???

2K views 22 replies 9 participants last post by  Popeye 
#1 ·
Anyone know what is going on with this company? They say that "there are certain things going on behind the scenes..." but damn.
I read on their site that they are not accepting CC now but only checks, COD or money order.

I've ordered stuff from them before and they were a little slow, but my most recent order is over 4 weeks without an update or response from emails. I read on their site that they are not accepting CC now but only checks,COD or money order.

Anyone who lives in the Strongsville, OH area have an inside scoop?

#3 ·
Well crap. Like I said, I've bought from them before but it took a little long. This time is ridiculous. I'm wondering if there was something not on the up and up going on and they either got busted or found out and are cleaning house. Since they aren't taking CC kind of makes me wonder if someone was stealing info. Who knows.

#4 ·
Just a wild arse guess .....

Remember Operation Choke Point? It could be their credit card processing company cut them off, and it takes time for checks to clear the bank. Yellow Font Smile Emoticon Icon

#6 ·
I read the wikipedia article on Choke Point and I have to say I don't get it. Financial speak way over my head but it basically sounded like the Feds just wanted to go after some groups that may have had a possiblity of fraud. Pretty damn vague.

This is what Republic has on their home page. As a clarifing disclaimer these are their words not mine. Anyone can go to their home page and read this. I just thought I'd share to further the discussion. Also, I filed a complaint with the BBB about them and I sent them a 3rd email. In it I told them I had reported them for lack of response and delivery. Doubt it will do any good but it makes me feel better.

"PLEASE READ - 9/3/2019
There are a number of changes currently going on behind the scenes involving the website and internal processes. Because of this we are experiencing issues with the ordering and payment functions of the website. Until further notice, the option to pay using a credit card has been removed and we would ask when finalizing your order, choose either to pay by check, money order or COD. Choosing any of these will not change the fulfillment time of your order and it will be processed as normal. If the check or money order option is selected, you will be given our mailing address at final checkout in order to submit your payment. If the COD option is chosen, your order will be processed as normal and you will be contacted when your item(s) are ready for shipment for your payment information.We would like to thank you for working with us during these changes. We sincerely appreciate it and your business.

In addition, please bear with us for a short time longer as we are working hard to get everyone's
order out as quickly as we can and to make the improvements needed to ensure your inquiries are responded to quickly and professionally and that orders are shipped in an timely fashion. As a reminder, should you wish to contact us for whatever reason, please use the "Contact Us" link at the bottom of the page, or email csdemko@republicfirearms.com."

#7 ·
Simply put operation choke point was the obama administration trying to force the banking industry to not do business with anyone in the gun manufacturing, distributing and selling of firearms.

#9 ·
If you remember, they were using the excuse that ##% of gun violence in Mexico was caused by guns from the USA. That was their gun control pitch until the Fast & Furious scandal broke and O-hole got caught letting guns slip into the hands of Mexican drug cartels.

BTW, regarding Operation Choke Point: Just because O-hole is gone doesn't mean his underground policies and cronies are gone too.

#12 ·
I paid with my debit which is Visa backed but still and all. Their lack of reaching out to the customers that have PAID is bullshit. If you as a company are having issues STOP TAKING ORDERS. Give a descent explanation on your site and go from there. Keeping people in the dark and avoiding all forms of contact is guaranteed to doom your business.

#13 ·
Update---still have not heard from them even though I told them I reported them to the BBB. I'm guessing they don't care. I am going to try and call Monday and see if that gets me anywhere. I will update again later to help others avoid this crap.

#14 ·
The Gun Trade Association received an emai.

l

PLEASE READ - 9/3/2019
There are a number of changes currently going on behind the scenes involving the website and internal processes. Because of this we are experiencing issues with the ordering and payment functions of the website. Until further notice, the option to pay using a credit card has been removed and we would ask when finalizing your order, choose either to pay by check, money order or COD. Choosing any of these will not change the fulfillment time of your order and it will be processed as normal. If the check or money order option is selected, you will be given our mailing address at final checkout in order to submit your payment. If the COD option is chosen, your order will be processed as normal and you will be contacted when your item(s) are ready for shipment for your payment information.
We would like to thank you for working with us during these changes. We sincerely appreciate it and your business.

In addition, please bear with us for a short time longer as we are working hard to get everyone's order out as quickly as we can and to make the improvements needed to ensure your inquiries are responded to quickly and professionally and that orders are shipped in an timely fashion. As a reminder, should you wish to contact us for whatever reason, please use the "Contact Us" link at the bottom of the page, or email csdemko@republicfirearms.com.

And you are not the only one
READ THIS ==> https://www.bbb.org/us/oh/strongsville/profile/gunsmiths/republic-firearms-0312-92010656/complaints

Have a good cigar and regards
As-salāmu ʿalaykum
ARMARIN

#15 · (Edited)
So after my last email I seem to have struck a nerve and got a response. I've attached the email sequence below, starting with the response and followed by my 7th attempt at communication.

While I understand his plight his response seems to almost say he still didn't really give a hoot regardless.

Wes

It's not a question of caring, at least not on my end. The fact is is that you and everyone else that have slammed my email box and reported me to the BBB don't know whats going on Everyone just automatically jumps to the conclusion that I'm some lowlife deadbeat that took your money and ran. While we live in a time when that is a possibility, there are endless other alternatives. Normally I would say it shouldn't matter what is happening, but since everyone could give two hoots and they are only concerned with getting that last little $20 part in the fastest way possible, I get tired of hearing that i don't care, that my business is a scam, that as a vet I should have more honor and pride, and more endless BS than I care to even talk about. and my nights in the shop trying to get out all those orders.

The funny part to all this is that people don't realize, or at least stop to think what their actions do to other people. Sure I care that reported my company to the BBB. Why wouldn't I care about something that will never go away. No matter what you do or what response or outcome I may be able to provide, your comments will be there. And by submitting your complaint, it now takes more time away from fulfilling orders as I now have to respond to the BBB and tell them what I'm going to do to fix the situation. In all my 64 years I have never contacted the BBB, I have never contacted my bank and reversed the charges on a purchase I have made. I have never even left a bad review about a negative experience I have had. I have always lived by that if I didn't have something good to say to keep my mouth shut. I guess nowadays things are different.

If the roles were reversed, this order would be the last thing you would be concerned with. See Wes, if I didn't care and I had as little honor and pride as you seem to think, I would walk away and wouldn't even think twice about looking back, and I would not feel the least bit remorseful not worrying about you, your money or your order and I'd spend every bit of time...…... . But it is my pride and honor that prevents me from doing that. I'm at the shop literally 7 nights a week spraying parts and getting them into the hands of the people that trusted me with their money.

Normally, I wouldn't have even said anything. This is private information, plus I get, read and deal with deprecating emails like yours multiple times a day, and I apologize and swallow my frustration as my family circumstances are personal and I'm not someone to make excuses at someone else's expense. Ultimately the issue is mine, I take the responsibility for being behind. ……………………………………………………………………………………………….

You didn't get my apologetic reply because ……………………………………., I happened to read your email. I got tired of playing stupid games to pass the time, so I decided to make "good" use of time that is normally wasted, and your email was the first one I opened. It's funny because reading my own words reminded me of exactly what is important, and as long as I sit here, I am facing the most important thing to me at the moment, and when I get to the shop, my customers become the most important, at least until I go home.

Tonight when I get to the shop I'm going to do two things, first I'm going to try and reply to the mountain of emails that I know are waiting for me and I'll be back to my old self of being apologetic and kissing up to each and every customer, whether they have waited for 2 days, 2 weeks, 2 months or 6 months. Second, I will get your order taken care of and get it out to you. One little good thing in a mountain of bad.

I will forward your tracking information to you as soon as your label is created.

Regards

Cullen Demko
Republic Firearms
12351 Prospect Rd
Rear Building, Unit A
Strongsville, OH 44149
855-550-0100

So here we are working towards 2 months on my order and I’ve not heard a word from you. This is my 7[SUP]th[/SUP] attempt to get some kind of response from you. I have reported you to the BBB as I’ve stated but obviously you do not care. I’ve told you that I want my order or a refund, but again, you obviously do not care.

As a Vet owned company you should sure as hell have more honor and pride than this.

Ship my products or give me my money back. I will NEVER shop with you again and will tell others not to as well.

Wes

#16 · (Edited)
"... my wife has a medical problem and her prognosis at the moment is not good. ... I spend my days with her and my nights in the shop trying to get out all those orders."

Then say so. Post it on your website. People will understand. Just don't leave folks (customers) hanging with no information at all.

#18 · (Edited by Moderator)
Then say so. Post it on your website. People will understand. Just don't leave folks (customers) hanging with no information at all.
I work for the service business unit of a pretty large company. (3000+ employees world wide)
We have these releases called CAB’s. (Customer Advisory Bulletin)
When we have a problem we send them out to our effected customers. They work great.

We had a director of service that used to say “it’s amazing how tolerant our customers are when we communicate with them and how intolerant they become when we don’t”

communication is everything. People are human, they understand if they’re just communicated with.

Its unfortunate what this guy (business owner) is going through but he has handled it all wrong.

#21 ·
We in the gun community are a very caring sort.
We will help in many ways when one of our own is hurting an needs help.
Case in point James Nelson, with Nelson Holsters. The outpouring of support from the community was heartwarming.
People were willing to wait for a long time for their order to be filled to help him out.
You have to let your customers know what your difficulties are.
If you have a good product and are an honest man, we will support you.

#22 ·
Yes and that is why I deleted the info regarding his wife and asked the same of others. I wasn't meaning to call him out for his problems but rather to share with everyone that I had finally made contact with them and that there were issues beyond what the website was saying.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.