National Gun Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a revolver that has been in the Family for a while, uncle gave it to me the other day. On the top of the gun It says "Lincoln" and under that "Central Fire." On the side it says 450. Im assuming it fires a Black powder .45 cartridge. It looks similar to a British Bulldog. anyone have any insight or know any history of this weapon?

Attachments

·
5,082 Posts
First look appears maybe a 450 CF caliber , per the Webley style...?...there was also a " 450cf Long....

from the web ...a forum answer page.....

"The Bulldog was one of Webley's more successful designs, and it was copied and made in several different countries, both in rimfire and centerfire, some manufacturers even made special ammunition for it. Values for standard .450 caliber models are in the $100 to $300 range while values for the rarer .38 caliber models can go well over $1000."

.....dont know about the "Lincoln" marks....?

regards,

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Revolver cont...

Yea see I thought it looked Similar to the British Bulldog, but there are some differences. The fact that it says Lincoln Central Fire on the top of it throws me off. I cant find any kind of information about this brand/company name. I want to load up some 450's with just a little powder and fire it. I'm scared it might explode though. Thanks for your help though, I will have to keep looking

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Revolver cont...

Yea they do look similar, Im guessing that "Lincoln" was a company that made a close copy of the British Bulldog, or they just used it as a guide, like many companies reproduce their own versions of the Model 1911

·
Dong Tam, RSVN '69/'70
3,428 Posts
It looks like the same company alright... I just question why there is no mention or picture of your gun.

Your gun seems to have a longer barrel, set back front sight, and the barrel is octagonal. The website doesn't seem to mention a 450.....

Well, at least you know what company apparently manufactured the gun originally.

Don

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Revolver cont...

I found one picture about half way down on the second link I put up I believe. It is shorter but does have "Lincoln Central Fire" on the top just like mine. Yea I couldn't find the .450 pictures either. I just wish I could learn more about it. I hate owning things and not knowing every little detail about it... you know what I mean? Oh well soon enough, I'm still researching, I let you know If I come across any more info, talk to ya soon BangBang.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the same looking revolver. But mine has a round barrel , with a 20 and a crown & ML on the left side. Right side has a R, star, z. On the bottom of grip is 220.

I was going to take to the police to be destroyed but wanted to check it out first.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.