National Gun Forum banner

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
12,991 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Me either. All these companies now manufacturing face masks, but guess where the only place is for us lowly peasants to get them....china. Anything on Amazon is from china. One advertiser says "Only place in America", if you want them in 1-2 weeks, you'll pay $25 for shipping on a $22.95 batch of 50, regular shipping is out to the middle of May, from china. The gov is saying wearing face masks may be required, you just have to wait for 1 1/2 months for them to get here, from china.

·
Registered
5,816 Posts
nothing.......i have a couple that are not rated to do any good........saving them for when i need to go to the nursing home...

put a call into the local pharmacy some weeks back......no luck and on standing backorder.

·
"You talkin to me?"
4,143 Posts
I've got a twin canster respirator and a few dust masks I use in the shop. I suppose I'll use these when necessity arises

·
Premium Member
5,032 Posts
I’ve got a few N95, two double cartridge masks that are rated for just about anything you can dream up and some basic dust masks. I haven’t worn any yet. I’ve been in two stores this week and i don’t think I was exposed to anything. It’s pretty bad here in NJ. I use hand sanitizer going in and coming out of almost everywhere, even my house. I’ve wiped down my phone, steering wheel and other controls and door knobs. My wife washes everything that comes into the house including groceries with a bleach solution.

·
"You talkin to me?"
4,143 Posts

·
Registered
7,791 Posts
Have several N95s - wife found a few at Harbor freight before things went stupid; me being cheap, I saved mine from possible previous woodworking projects so I have some for extra use. I keep one in my truck and when I use it, I spray it with Lysol and let it dry for a day before using it again

If you are going to use a bandana or balaclava, make it several layers thivk if possible and then wash them or at least soak them in a vinegar or bleach solution before reuse

·
Keep calm & return fire!
10,262 Posts
I literally have 2 packs of 3 each N95 masks that I dug out today.
I have not been leaving the house though. I think I've been out once in about 2 weeks.
We are going to have to reuse them though. They can be cleaned and sterilized a few different ways,

·
Grand Imperial Poobah
20,879 Posts
We have several N95 and a few N99 masks, thanks to my lovely wife. Hopefully, we won't be going out and need to use them.

·
Registered
2,834 Posts
The problem I have with face masks is improper use. I see people with them hanging off their face with huge gaps with one band being used. I had a friend at work visit me he had gloves and a face mask. I told him the nose band wasn't adjusted right as most aren't bent around the nose as they should be. He immediately grabbed his mask and started a whole range of adjustments up, down, off, on. Touching your face with gloves or without is a big no no unless they are absolutely clean. Face mask may increase the frequency of touching your face so may makes things worse.

I have absolutely no formal medical training or expertise but firmly believe as long as you don't touch your face you're in the 99.X category of not picking it up. Knowing this I still touch my face on occasion. I'm aware of it but it's really hard not to touch your face at all.

·
Registered
467 Posts
No need to buy any. A cotton facemask made out of t-shirt and elastic or strong ties will be pretty effective. And fifteen minutes on high heat in the drier will kill any virus that got on it.

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
I have been seeing people out for a walk by themselves on rural roads wearing masks. I'm thinking they don;t quite get it. Yesterday i was coming out of Lake Placid heading back to the shop and seen one woman coming out of a trail in the woods with a mask on....

·
Registered
1,975 Posts
I understand most masks will not protect you from getting the virus, only help if you are infected to help stop the spread.
Most folks I see wearing them are wearing them all wrong, zero protection.
Some I think are just looking for attention

1 - 20 of 71 Posts