National Gun Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to my local range to shoot a couple of my pistols: a S&W 38 air weight and a Taurus G2C I recently received. I have to carry for work and needed to get my practice in. I used a coupon at the range, which also give me a free rental. The gun shop guy recommended a Glock 19 Gen 5. While I was able to shoot a reliable 6 inch group at 10 yards with either of the pistols I owned, I literally shot out the X in the center of the target with the rented Glock.

I had the company buy me a Glock. Shooting side by side with the other guns was very convincing.

Have any of you had similar experiences?

·
Registered
3,176 Posts
If that Taurus was a compact and the Glock is a full size it's not that surprising you shot better with a full size. You can minimize the difference with practice. You should try other guns and get back to us. I don't know if you drank the koolaid or are trying get us to.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nope. Both were compact versions. In fact, I believe the Glock was the shorter gun. I spent about three hours at the range, carefully comparing guns, using the same ammo and shooting at a variety of targets. I was being pretty scientific about it. It’s hard to justify an $800 purchase on a whim. EE825290-2467-4803-A7AA-066B5D2B70A6.jpeg

·
Registered
210 Posts
If the trigger on your G2c is like the one I have shot, I can see why the Glock was so much better.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Definitely a MUCH better and smoother pull on the Glock. I’m sure that played a big role in accuracy

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I also I’d a spring replacement job on my 637 S&W. You practically need a vise grip to pull back the factory trigger

·
Aim true !
10,355 Posts
I have a Taurus Pt 111. And 140. They are before the G2'S came out. My groups are tight. The Glock 19 has a 4 inch barrel. The G2 has a 3.2 inch barrel.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I had to send my 140 back due to the lawsuit regarding accidental discharge of the gun when dropped. Instead of repairing the gun, they sent me a G2C. Honestly, I preferred my old Milleneum.

·
Aim true !
10,355 Posts
A lot of folks got short changed on the recall. I'll tell you of another 9mm with a real sweet trigger. And they shoot very well. It's the Canik TP9SF. The 1st time i shot mine i was real impressed. I still remember the day i shot it. like it was yesterday. I couldn't believe it was a striker fired gun. They are cheaper than a Glock too. Full warranty with them too.

TP9SF - Canik USA

·
Registered
210 Posts
A lot of folks got short changed on the recall. I'll tell you of another 9mm with a real sweet trigger. And they shoot very well. It's the Canik TP9SF. The 1st time i shot mine i was real impressed. I still remember the day i shot it. like it was yesterday. I couldn't believe it was a striker fired gun. They are cheaper than a Glock too. Full warranty with them too.

TP9SF - Canik USA
The SFx is sweet too. I got mine a couple weeks ago and am in love with it. I put a Freedomsmith ttigger and a spring kit from Galloway Precision in it today.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
13,730 Posts
I replaced the trigger on my G2C with a Galloway trigger, it's better. I left the trigger safety out, I don't trust it, just a flimsy piece of plastic. I wish someone would make a slim trigger without the safety, I had to file down the sharp edges, and it's too fat. Group? I can hit the target.:wink:

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Nice! How do you like the trigger?

·
Registered
13,730 Posts
It's better than stock, that's about all I can say. Used to be a guy around, keeptinkering, that made a nice trigger for them. Haven't seen him around in a long time.

·
Live Free
2,897 Posts
I went to my local range to shoot a couple of my pistols: a S&W 38 air weight and a Taurus G2C I recently received. I have to carry for work and needed to get my practice in. I used a coupon at the range, which also give me a free rental. The gun shop guy recommended a Glock 19 Gen 5. While I was able to shoot a reliable 6 inch group at 10 yards with either of the pistols I owned, I literally shot out the X in the center of the target with the rented Glock.

I had the company buy me a Glock. Shooting side by side with the other guns was very convincing.

Have any of you had similar experiences?
With a Glock? No. A few 1911’s have impressed me that way...

·
Super Moderator
11,366 Posts
It's important to make sure a gun fits your hand properly. Often, we simply stumble upon a gun with a good fit out of pure luck and then we miscorrelate it with the idea that that particular gun or brand of gun is a great gun. And it may well be. For you. But not for everyone.

Been there, done that. Nowadays, I seek guns with the right fit from the beginning.

--Wag--

Reactions: Alabusa

·
Registered
741 Posts
Personally, I am a 1911 fan. That is what fits me the best.
But I have told people for many years. All things being even, the gun that fits YOU will be the gun YOU will most likely shoot best.
Glad you found it. I don't care what brand it is.
But I will still rag you a plastic gun....

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

·
Low Speed High Drag
399 Posts

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
Nope I can achieve the same shots with a Hi Point it is NOT the GUN, it is all on the shooter. Had a Jennings 9 mm shot the same with it also. I never bought the hype of one performing better I need to shoot with any pistol I pick up my mind is not "HYPE CLOUDED".

1 - 20 of 25 Posts