National Gun Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody ever fire in self defense? I understand this may be considered inconsiderate/improper but if you feel that way don't post. It may be good for some people to share their stories.

·
Pro Gun Advocate
10,940 Posts
I heard of a couple of guys visiting friends in the bad parts of norfolk.

As they wre walking back to their car, an 'urban yoot' crossed the street and walked right towards them.

They let the wind blow back their jackets, must have exposed their handguns, because the yoot ran back to the other side of the street.

·
Ancient Gaseous Emanation
55,659 Posts
No, thank God!

·
The 500 S&W stare...
10,304 Posts
Yes but not on a person. I have had to shoot several feral dogs that were mean enough to chase my wife inside.

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
I have been close a couple of times in an industrial area of Portland where my car was parked in a old brick basement. Ran into a group of tweekers and they gave me the fish eye, I had the gun in a front pocket holster and had it out of the holster but still hidden in my pocket. They must have sensed something was not right because they turned their attention back on the drugs in hand and let me go about my business.

Another time I stumbled upon three guys shooting heroin in the same area and I thought they were going to come across the street for me. Stared at me intently and and I walked on by on the other side of the street down into the basement garage to get my car. Had my hand on my gun but nothing happened.

Gotta tell you that the peace of mind that I had knowing that I was armed was probably behind that grin on my face that helped them decide to leave me alone.

·
Premium Member
577 Posts
So far I have been very lucky and have never had to use my guns in any away.
Of course living in WI I can't carry so I can only protect my family and myself while I'm at home. When we're out the criminals are in charge.

·
Banned
818 Posts
I highly doubt that anyone who has ever HAD to fire their gun at another human in self defense is going to want to share stories about it. I can't even imagine what it would be like to live with that.

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
I highly doubt that anyone who has ever HAD to fire their gun at another human in self defense is going to want to share stories about it. I can't even imagine what it would be like to live with that.

To the contrary, it is a very important training tool for others to learn. There are web sites that specifically cover these type of incidents and of course the NRA mag has a page in each issue dedicated to gun incidents. Combat Handguns also covers these type of situations and the aftermath in the legal system.

Great tools for the rest of us to learn what to do and not to do. My opinion, of course.

All of the gun forums have this thread up and flowing at least once per year.

·
The 500 S&W stare...
10,304 Posts
The confidence that the gun gives you shows through and helps you avoid fights, I think. Especially a good "cat that ate the canary" grin in a situation where the BG thinks you should be scared.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts