National Gun Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had to use mine three times in my life, and I damn glad I have had it with me every time. 2 car accidents and one home accident, one thing I have learned is Have gauze, lots and lot of gauze. anyway who else has a big medic bag.

·
Chicago Pro-Gun Activist
2,444 Posts
Yes, we do. I say this because my wife is very strict about keeping a complete medical kit ready in case of emergencies around the house. I wish I could say it was concern for me but the real reason is our two boys which works for me. ;)

·
Chicago Pro-Gun Activist
2,444 Posts
Yes actually when my son decided to play superman and jumped chin first into our ottoman from the back of the couch. We had to use the sterile pads to staunch the bleeding, put a couple of butterfly bandages and use the cold packs on him before going to the emergency room. 4 hours later and nine stitches we were good to go.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
glad to see he was ok. I know I am not a medic or doctor, But I can hold my own when peoople get hurt.

·
Chicago Pro-Gun Activist
2,444 Posts
Thanks Gunny. It was harder on Mom than me but that is to be expected.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i do carry a medical jump bag in my vehicle at all times, but i am an emt also. i have had to use it quite a few times and it sure beats waiting for a ambulance. i suggest that everyone who might even possibly stop and help with a medical emergency carry a pair or two of rubber or nitrile gloves. more for your protection than theirs, you never know what they could have.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
big dutchman said:
i do carry a medical jump bag in my vehicle at all times, but i am an emt also. i have had to use it quite a few times and it sure beats waiting for a ambulance. i suggest that everyone who might even possibly stop and help with a medical emergency carry a pair or two of rubber or nitrile gloves. more for your protection than theirs, you never know what they could have.
AN EMT! I would love to pick your brain for tims over PM's :)

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i have to be very careful with the legal aspects of medical advice, but i am willing to try to answer any questions that people might have in regards to emergency medicine. if i can't answer for whatever reason, i do have access to further medical info and can put you in contact with it. please keep in mind that laws are very different in all parts of the country.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
No, But I carry a surgical kit with me when I go out in the boondocks, I got it from Cheaperthandirt.com.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
:cool: My Nissan Xterra was supplied with one-Meager, so I added a Red Cross one--

--

--Both stored in the Hatch back--

-- -r- :i: ---JIMBO

·
Registered
677 Posts
I was an EMT for 15 years, and always carry my jump bag in my truck. Used it a few times, and was very glad I had it.

·
Premium Member
15,424 Posts
I was EMT many yrs ago, but I always have my first aid kit or box handy. Just in the course of going out in the desert, going boating or whatever, it's been opened and used more than a couple of times.

A couple of yrs ago we were headed up to one of the northern lakes with our boat. We came upon one very serious auto accident on the way up there, but paramedics (and air ambulance) were already on the scene. On the way back, we were the second vehicle (first with any first aid equipment) on the scene where a deer had jumped off the mountain above the road, hit the windshield of a passenger car, and slid off the hood and down the hill. The driver had his fingers crushed between the windshield and the steering wheel and two passengers were in shock. We helped out there until the sheriff and paramedics arrived. We stopped for lunch and proceeded toward home, when halfway there we were first on the scene of yet a third accident where a lady missed her turnoff and lost control trying to stop and/or turn. She was dinged up, too.

We had to restock the old' medical box after that little trip.

·
Drunk Supernova
6,002 Posts
BAS was throwing out a bunch of old Unit 5s a while ago. Doc hooked me up with some supplies for it. But refused when I asked for morphine. :mrgreen:

Comes in handy.

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Keep one in the car. Doc lives around the corner. Coroner lives at the end of the block. Got all bases covered. :-B-:

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
All right, gather round young ones. Ol' Gunny has some info for all ages

It contains My Trama bag for my truck. ;)
Behold!

Standard M3 medical bag in ACU

and my add on pouch

I wonder what goodies are inside, lets find out

Picture shows write in the rain booklet, pen and sharpe

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Seems the new board can only support 5 images per post *good one travis ;)*

anyway, back on track

The first fold out pouch

contains are-
steril gloves and alcohol prep pads
ace wrap
5-0 nylon suture
penlight
trama shears
coban tape and waterproof tape
ace wrap clips and lip balm
standard meds (no need to list them all)
burn creams, sting creams, prep pads, wipes

Now onto 2nd pouch

contains-
2 izzie bandages (israel bandages or EPB, whatever you youngsters call them now a days)
a muslim compression bandage
quick clot
small ace wrap

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Now for the main attraction (main pouch)

contains-
a CPR one way mask
krazy glue (great for cuts)
one CAT tourniquet
one Asherman chest seal
sam splint
two combat gauze packs
Combat gauze roller (blue thing)

Also in main pouch

contains-
triangle bandage (russian package)
two eye pads
emergency survival wrap
cover sponge
three ABD combine dressings

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
And last but not least my spare pouch

My everyday boo boo kit

contains- lots, and lots of bandaids and gauze
tums, halls, all kinds of other everyday meds
more gloves, more gauze

And if you beg Ol' gunny and you whippersnappers behave I will show you my pride and joy of my first aid junk
My Stomp II

·
Texas Legal Gunslinger
3,531 Posts
When I was in college, I was on my way back to Lubbock from Houston on a two lane road. Came upon a pretty bad accident. Third car on the scene. Long story short, I had to plug a hole in the driver's head (she hit it on the steering wheel) for the half hour it took for the volunteer EMS to get there. Since that day, I always carry a first aid kit and pocket mask in my truck.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts