National Gun Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,032 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am an electrician by day (vigilante crime fighter by night). I don't carry at work out of inconvenience, wearing a tool belt and body harness most of the day just doesn't allow for comfortable concealed carrying. I work in some places I'd rather not be unarmed and leaving it in the car is a bad idea in bad neighborhoods. An ankle holster probably wont work with large boots so I'm at a loss. Any of you tradesmen have a carry method you'd like to share?

·
Pro Gun Advocate
10,940 Posts
Maybe a pocket pistol.

The new Ruger or an UltraLite/AitWeight revolver.

·
Drunk Supernova
6,002 Posts
Maybe add a pouch to your tool belt that you can carry in?

·
Registered
402 Posts
If you wear overalls you consider sewing a kind of pocket to the inside of the stomach area. That should allow for a pretty well concealed and somewhat comfortable carry.

G

·
i do const.type work and feel what you're saying.i sometimes do s.o.b. carry a thumb strap is a must for me.i usually put my walther .32 in my tool bag when i cant go w/o it but i can typically see my truck so i will also leave it in there locked and covered w/ a mechanics rag as to be overlooked.not ideal but the truck doesnt leave my sight when its in there.

·
Ancient Gaseous Emanation
55,659 Posts
I'm a Smith at a gun shop. I carry.

·
The 500 S&W stare...
10,304 Posts
I am an electrician too. I find that by buying the correct type of clothes with alot of pockets I am able to carry. That is as long as it is OK with the boss and the job site.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts