National Gun Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I often go to the shooting range and I love it when the friendly shooters let me try out their guns, do any of you have a Barrett? And whats it like shooting one?

·
Registered
3,633 Posts
I don;t own one. But I did get to fire one. in all honesty, nothing special. The muzzle break really kept the recoil down. It had the same kick as a 338 win mag. The one thing that stood out was the pressure wave. It really slapped me in the face. Not terrible, but you knew it was there. And yes it was loud!

·
Drunk Supernova
6,002 Posts
Don't own, but have fired many in my day. Depending on the model, you also have a barrel that will recoil slightly keeping the receiver fixed. That mixed in with the muzzle break removes about 60% of the preceived recoil, and as such feels no more than a 12 gauge.

[video=google;8733668854193756605]http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=8733668854193756605&ei=2CizSMvkNZnu2AKU6q3kDA&q=M82A1A&hl=en[/video]

You really got to love HEAPI.

We did do some tests with the L115A1, and I have to say that I think it had a bit more than the SASR. But boy what an accurate hard hitting round.

·
Registered
648 Posts
I own an 83. It's fun but not real practical.

·
love the UK envy the US
785 Posts
seen 1 shot nice gun but the ammo is so damn big and heavy the people who shoot them in theatre must be strong as an ox just to carry the ammo

1 - 6 of 6 Posts