National Gun Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Not any more, we ran 100 head of Black Angus until my dad died in '83. I live 180 miles from the place, my sister lives in Houston. We finally sold since we couldn't trust an overseer and watch him for a distance. My dad was a real cow man, he knew every one by sight and had each one named.
As a teenager I always entered a steer in the FFA cattle show. Never won 1st but had a lot of fun trying. Earned most of my college expenses that way.

A friend down the street raises Angus big time. He's got about 250 acres under grass and does it full time. He's fortunate, his wife has a good deal of money and he doesn't have to make a living at it. If you're ever at an Angus show in GA they go by PABO farms, Swainsboro, GA.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Naw, did grow up on a 400 acre farm. Had a few head of beef cattle mostly just for foodstock. Big dairy herd, pigs, tons of stinky chickens and one nasty son of a bee horse that nobody could ride. Enjoyed the experience.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
:cool: --Why is that cow "CRYING" ????

--It ain't a happy cow, so there's no doubt, it ain't from California !!

-- -r- --JIMBO

·
Registered
648 Posts
We raise about 700 pairs. Along with 250 sheep and about 15,000 mink.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Anyhoo...For six of 'em...The feller is gunna don the arm condom and check for they's..."conviction"...bless the folk that likes to don the arm condom... ;)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
City slicker here.

Closest I've been to farm animals was the manger scene at the shopping mall last Christmas.

:oops:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
:cool: Since I already have ONE point against me--

--I refuse to comment on this worthless diatribe by --someone--

-- -r- --JIMBO

1 - 15 of 15 Posts