National Gun Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was going through a few piles (folders, rather) of digital photos and I found this one.

We were up at the ranch with a bunch of friends - gun nuts, all - and decided it would
be fun to see if we could capture a broad-daylight S&W 500 fireball on (digital) 'film.'

I believe we got this on the second or third try.

It's always amazing to see your hands disappear in a fireball ... a nanosecond before the
pressure wave, then heat wave hits you in the face! Each shot is ... memorable!

If you are addicted to that kind of thing - and I'm afraid it's very addictive - go with the
4" barrel - maxi-horsepower reloads help, too!

:eek: :shock: :eek: :shock: :eek: :shock: :-B-:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah .... number TWO is about right!

Nice picts!

My son's taking the M44 and the Marlin Guide out this weekend with explicit
orders to light up the valleys up in the mountains!
:cool:

·
Premium Member
2,253 Posts
I don't have pictures, dang it. But I steped out the back door bout' midnight one night, the trusty Super Blackhawk in hand. I was totally amazed :eek: & liked :i: the heck out of the fireball that come out of the end of that barrell! :--- -I :-B-:

·
Registered
341 Posts
I wish I had some pictures of my M1 belching flames. It will throw a good 1-2 foot flame out of the barrel with the cheap Olympic ammo I have. I'll be sure to get pics next time I take it out. ;)

-Derek

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
One evening - probably down in the desert - I'd like to compare some fireballs of different calibers with a little Sony Handicam I have somewhere around here.
:--- -I -I :--- :--- -I -I :--- :---

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
I have noticed that the little Glock 357 sig spits out quite a fireball and gets a lot of attention at the indoor range. Lots of powder behind that little 9 mm bullet I guess!

Nothing like to big boys in the pictures above though.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts