National Gun Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Don't Tread on Me
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently joined JPFO in order to be able to join a local private range; they sent a lovely packet of religious tract style literature...but am I supposed to get some sort of membership card or number?

·
Don't Tread on Me
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ah my apologies, "Jews for the Preservation of Firearms Ownership". The local range requires members to join any number of gun rights supporting organizations including the NRA, GOA, and JPFO. I hadn't heard of this one so I figured why not root for the little guy. I'm just curious if I'm supposed to have some kind of membership number to show I paid my dues.

·
Registered
3,978 Posts
I know they have a website, have talked to a couple of other members that have taken a look at it, but don't know that much about it, sorry. Out of curiosity why would your gun range require you to join an anti-gun organization?

·
Don't Tread on Me
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes, I'm trying to find more information about it, to my knowledge there isnt a local chapter. It isnt an anti-gun organization; in fact they seem to have an agenda to completely abolish the BATFE. I kind of feel like an ******* saying I joined without any prior knowledge of the organization and really solely for the purpose of being able to join the local range. Perhaps I'm interpreting the literature they sent incorrectly, but some of what is written seems to belittle law enforcement altogether with articles titled "Dial 911 and Die". I kind of don't agree with that sort of mentality, I mean do what you have to do to defend yourself and family, but its my raising and belief that you should only point a gun at another human being if you absolutely have to to survive, otherwise get away if you can and let the trained professionals and the legal system deal with the BG...self defense is about stopping a threat, not about being a vigilante crime fighter.

·
Registered
3,978 Posts
Yes, I'm trying to find more information about it, to my knowledge there isnt a local chapter. It isnt an anti-gun organization; in fact they seem to have an agenda to completely abolish the BATFE. I kind of feel like an ******* saying I joined without any prior knowledge of the organization and really solely for the purpose of being able to join the local range. Perhaps I'm interpreting the literature they sent incorrectly, but some of what is written seems to belittle law enforcement altogether with articles titled "Dial 911 and Die". I kind of don't agree with that sort of mentality, I mean do what you have to do to defend yourself and family, but its my raising and belief that you should only point a gun at another human being if you absolutely have to to survive, otherwise get away if you can and let the trained professionals and the legal system deal with the BG...self defense is about stopping a threat, not about being a vigilante crime fighter.
I am sorry, I totally misread preservation, I thought it said prevention. That will "learn" me to try to read before my morning medications...my bad.
I agree that you only point a gun at someone that is attempting to hurt you and/or your family, what I had a little trouble with was the "don't point a gun at someone unless you intend to pull the trigger, and you don't shoot to wound them; arms, legs, foot, etc." I also agree that given the opportunity you should leave the situation, sometimes that just isn't going to happen. You will do what you have to do to protect yourself and your family. Believe me I would much rather have the LEO's do the paperwork, than me having to pay ridiculous amounts of money for a lawyer.
Again I am sorry I misread your initial thread.

·
Pro Gun Advocate
10,940 Posts
I'm a member, amongst the piles of paper I got a card that has my name, says "Charter Member," and shows the expiration date.

There is no member number.

The JPFO is:

Against the BATFE
Against all gun control
Against the UN's gun control agenda
Against a police state
Pro Constitution
Pro Bill of Rights

They provide booklets that explain how to talk to an anti-gun rights person, and one that discusses the pathology of anti-gunners--"they projection their inability to manage their anger, they resent your carrying because it reminds them of how helpless they feel, etc."

One of their platforms is to hold up the Holocaust, the Bataan Death March, and Nanking as examples of the evils that will happend when citizens cannot defend themselves against their government.

They're also stating that Heller works against gun onwers:

For example, The Brady Center for the Prevention of Handgun Violence loves the vague Heller decision. In their opinion the lower courts will view the decision as a green light for every “gun control” law imaginable -- except for an outright ban on handguns.

This is because the court decision still allowed that your Second Amendment rights can be regulated, leaving the door wide open for “reasonable” controls.

This loophole has already fueled rapidly accelerating proposals to...

-Demand surrender of your most personal medical records before allowing you to own an firearm.

-Restrict transportation and places of use.

-Classify any firearms with a magazine as a “machinegun”.

-Bans on virtually every of military pattern firearm.

Keep in mind that this position is part of a fund raiser.

They are kind of like GOA--"All or Nothing."

http://www.jpfo.org/

G

·
I've been a member for quite a few years now. You don't have to be Jewish to join or appreciate their efforts.
They are so pro gun rights, they make the NRA look like a bunch of liberal bed wetters.
Their web site is a little rough but they have some good items for displaying your pro gun views, Shirts ,signs, decals, bumper stickers, and the like.

G

·
Isn't Whompuss also a member of the JPFO?
Yep, Charter Member :Jews For The reservation Of Firearms Ownership, NRA, Oregon Shooters Assn, GA Sport Shooters Assn, Gun Owners of America.
My Jewish friends who introduced me to this group say it goes back to 1937 when Hitler became the first to disarm a nation.
Lookey what happened to 6.5 million Jews. They vow never again.
Notice the nations that have since followed suit- Great Britian, Australia...de da, de da......

MY President is Charlton Heston.

·
Premium Member
15,424 Posts
Charter Member but not current member. I fully support their goals and aims but thought they tended to get a little extreme. Fact is that I can't afford to be a dues-paying member of the five or six top pro-gun organizations and I don't want all of the almost weekly "groveling for donations" junk mail that it incurs.

JPFO has some very powerful material that I have used in my own quest to inform folks who don't know a "cop-killer bullet" from an "assault weapon". They have some sway in congress, from what I understand. All in all a very good outfit, not nearly as compromising as NRA but not as influential, either.

·
Ancient Gaseous Emanation
55,659 Posts
I send them money every now and again. Does that make me a member? I don't have a membership card, or anything. I just figure they are worth sending some money to when I have some to spare.

·
Pro Gun Advocate
10,940 Posts
My ability to belong to multiple groups has ebbed & flowed with my job situations.

And not having kids tends to free up funds.

That being said, I belong to JPFO and GOA to fortify the efforts of the NRA. Let the NRA open the doors, and the JPFO/GOA can drive the trucks through.

But if I only belonged to one group, it would be the NRA. Only they have the clout, the reputation and the style to get things done.

Yes, I know that 'all or nothing' means no compromise, but it frequently also means 'nothing.'

1 - 14 of 14 Posts