National Gun Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Keep calm & return fire!
13,088 Posts
I have not tried them but they are a little pricey in my opinion.
You can get 2 kydex holsters from bravo concealment for less $60. They are high quality holsters. I have one for my Shield and P365. I carry appendix. (when I carry)
My belly isn't as big as that dudes though but it does hang over my belt.

·
Registered
14,924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have a Kydex holster but the gun digs in my belly, I can't wear it. This one puts the gun lower, so I thought it might works. As for the price, I would rather have one for $75 that I can use, than two for $60 that go to the drawer.

·
Keep calm & return fire!
13,088 Posts
Give it a go then and let us know how it works.

·
Aim true !
11,600 Posts
If im not pocket carrying. I carry at 3 OR 4:00. And wear a 2xl tank top in the warm weather. Cooler weather my jacket hides my gun.

·
Registered
14,924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
We don'r have any cooler weather to speak of. I pocket carry all the time. I'm probably not going to get it, $75 is a ton of money in my world. My permit expires in August, I might just give it up after watching this.

·
Keep calm & return fire!
13,088 Posts
In the case of the guy in the video... Tennessee recently passed constitutional carry so there's really no reason for him to renew his permit. If you've previously had a permit then you're already in the "database" so not renewing would accomplish very little other than putting your safety at risk. Florida doesn't have constitutional carry (yet) but until they do, I'd maintain my permit if I lived there.

·
Registered
14,425 Posts
I'm a fat guy too and that looks totally uncomfortable. Can he draw while sitting? Doubtful. I carry at 3-4oclock and use either a decent molded leather holster or a alien gear holster. Sometimes i use a shoulder holster in the winter but it's a cheap one and I've been wanting to get a nice leather one....i keep procrastinating on that. I can draw while sitting but depending on the seat it may not be really fast but slow is better than not being able too. Also in the case of any AD/ND i would certainly rather shoot my leg than my junk. Like Speed said, keep your permit!!!!!

Reactions: Wag

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
I moved to a bag 2 years ago. It has a built in holster plus I can carry multiple mags and lots of other stuff. I go everywhere with it and nobody yet has said anything. Florida is just to hot most of the time to cover up. I have no intention of giving up my permit.

·
Super Moderator
11,884 Posts
I would never carry appendix because the muzzle is going to point toward body parts. My belly isn't that big but I have to carry 3 or 4 o'clock.

--Wag--

·
Registered
14,425 Posts
Another holster i have been thinking about getting is a sneaky pete holster. I see a guy around here always carrying one and it just looks like a fully enclosed large cell phone holder. It's essentially right out in the open with most people having no clue that you're carrying. Just life a flap and draw. There is no need to try and conceal it, worry about printing or having it stick in your side, belly or back like most IWB.

·
Registered
14,924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I tried sneaky pete, to me it was huge. I returned it. I saw a guy at the park wearing one, didn't look bad....on him.

·
Registered
14,425 Posts
I tried sneaky pete, to me it was huge. I returned it. I saw a guy at the park wearing one, didn't look bad....on him.
I just broke down and ordered one.

·
Registered
14,425 Posts
Is that keanu Reeves on his break?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts