National Gun Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just found a Baby Eagle .40 for sale for $300. I don't know anything about them. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
177 Posts
My carry gun is a 40 cal Baby Eagle in the semi compact all steel. It is extremely reliable and accurate. If its in any kind of shape at all its worth the $300.00. If it has not been shot a lot, the trigger will get better. Mine started out with a little creep and hard. It now beats all of my high dollar Kimbers and Colts target triggers. I wouldn't trade mine for a new Les Bauer if that's any indicator.

·
Premium Member
15,424 Posts
I carried one in my car for over four yrs. The BE is the best of the CZ-75 clones as it has actually improved on the original design. The unique thing about the BE is that it has probably the most comfortable and ergonomic grip of any handgun made today. Any.

I have sold them to guys who are 5'3" up to 6'6", to guys and ladies with little bitty hands and hams for hands. The grip seems natural to almost everyone.

The quality is also superb -- hell, it's from IMI -- they don't make any junk!

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I bought it.

·
Premium Member
15,424 Posts
Betcha a box of my best defensive .40s that you're going to like that thaing! You got the steel frame or the polymer?

·
Banned
1,456 Posts
You'll love the Baby Eagle. I've had mine about 2 months now, and it's as nice of a handgun as you could possibly want. I have the .45 ACP model. It's my 3rd Magnum Research gun, and it won't be my last. I really like the all steel construction, and the nice "solid" feel. It is also more accurate than I expected. For the price, (under $500.00 new), I don't think you can beat it. Bill T.

·
Registered
338 Posts
I have only heard good things about the Baby Eagle. It is quality. I had a chance to buy one from my FFL dealer the last time I picked up a gun. She said someone decided not to accept it because of the grip. It was a compact, polymer Baby Eagle. If I had had some more money I would have bought it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts