National Gun Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OKLAHOMA CITY (AP) — A state lawmaker who gained national notoriety with an anti-homosexual rant was stopped from entering the state Capitol Wednesday when she was found to have a loaded handgun in her purse, the Oklahoma Highway Patrol said.
Patrol spokeswoman Chris West said Republican Rep. Sally Kern was not charged because there did not appear to be any "malicious intent" behind her actions.
West said officers are allowed to "use their brains" when determining if an arrest should be made in such instances.
West also confirmed a second incident in which Kern made it into the building with a gun in June.
Kern complained earlier this year of receiving death threats after an audio clip was posted on YouTube in which she calls homosexuality a bigger threat to the U.S. than terrorism.
Guns and knives are prohibited in the Capitol and those who enter must pass through an airport-style security checkpoint, including a metal detector and an X-ray machine. It is a misdemeanor to bring a weapon inside.
Kern told The Associated Press Wednesday that both incidents were simple mistakes.
The first time, the weapon got through the security checkpoint, she said.
"I got all the way up to my office before I realized I had it, so I reported it," she said.
On Wednesday, she said she forgot to take the .380 caliber semiautomatic handgun out of her purse after she stopped to talk to a colleague.
"It was an honest mistake from being out of my routine, you know," she said.
Kern said she had a permit for the gun and had carried it long before the YouTube controversy.

Do you believe her?

·
Angry Citizen
1,521 Posts
I believe her. I did kinda the same thing. I got a pocket knife onto the plane without even knowing I had it in my carry on luggage. I was awfully surprised when I got to Utah and found it. My Air Force buddy got through 3 airports in one trip with his boot knife.

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
If that had been San Francisco she would have been put into the public stocks!

I don't really know what the anti-gay tag has to do with it. Sounds to me like the media is just attempting to destroy her credibility since she has not signed on to their love fest with minority liberal issues these days.

·
Right Wing Zealot
1,228 Posts
We need more politicians like her....country would be a better place.

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
In what way ? B/c she carries or b/c of her anti-homo remarks ?

I think because she shoots and carries a weapon. I suppose many in public life have death threats, and they have a right to obtain a concealed carry license and defend themselves.

When the Dallas Cowboys Coach got busted for carrying his gun into the airport the media did not try to tag him with some anti-whatever comments. The gun mistake has no bearing on the other charge.

The comment was meant to inflame and titillate the public in an attempt to get people to tune in and listen to their BS. Shows a complete lack of integrity, in my opinion. You would expect that behavior in the "Globe" or "National Enquirer" but not from a unbiased media outlet.

·
Registered
3,633 Posts
It is all because she is not PC. She is pro-gun, anti-gay, she is a marked woman.

Lord, I wish there were hundreds more like her in government.

FWIW, you carry a pistol for personal protection and then forget about it? I don;t buy it or she needs to air it out more often. I don't know about you, but I would be really embarrassed to get in a situation and get hurt because I forgot I had a weapon on me.

·
Right Wing Zealot
1,228 Posts
In my opinion both. Bring on the arrows if you like, just stating my opinion.
Ditto...I am glad she isn't afraid to campaign against the P.C. crowd. Maybe she should be the V.P.

D

·
0 Posts
How can you agree w/her statement about gays being worse than terrorist ? Everyone is entitled to an opinion, but please...lets make it an opinion worth stating. terrorist can potentially end the existance of human race and civilized society...gays ..well they arent a threat to anyone. Its not about going against the "PC" crowd..that is a statment based in fantasy and not reality. This type of support for the blatently ignorant propaganda is why we as gun owners at large are looked down upon and catagorized as racist, homophibic anti anything not white & christian....wake up. we are our own worst enemy sometimes.

·
Right Wing Zealot
1,228 Posts
How can you agree w/her statement about gays being worse than terrorist ? Everyone is entitled to an opinion, but please...lets make it an opinion worth stating. terrorist can potentially end the existance of human race and civilized society...gays ..well they arent a threat to anyone. Its not about going against the "PC" crowd..that is a statment based in fantasy and not reality. This type of support for the blatently ignorant propaganda is why we as gun owners at large are looked down upon and catagorized as racist, homophibic anti anything not white & christian....wake up. we are our own worst enemy sometimes.
I think she was making more of a point that the strong majority of the gay/lesbian communities in the U.S. are insanely liberal and rail against anything considered an American tradition...Christianity and military service just two off the top of my head. Furthermore they are a group that promotes 'tolerance' to their lifestyle, while being intolerant of anything that goes against their own agenda.

My religious beliefs are that homosexuality is a sin...if you don't like it, oh well!

·
Registered
3,633 Posts
What I like about this woman is that she has her own beliefs and stated them. She stood her ground and still does. You do not have to agree with everyone. In fact the group think mentality of the left is pretty darn right Orwellian scary. There are lines that have been established by the politically correct crowd that is anyone crosses they are slandered with being "racist", "homo-phobic or neo-nazi. We have young girls being murdered by their families here in the United States because of some tribal "honor" crap of some Islamic immegrants. The politicians and law makers are afraid to call these crimes what they are, Honor killings. Political correctness has gotten in the way of common sense. Stating one's beliefs that do not go into lock step with the MSM or some other special interest group is often seen as a kiss of death by politicians. What I am saying is more politicians need to grow a set of balls, stop kissing the asses of every agenda driven group and state their minds (if they have one). This PC garbage is killing this country. If a guy sneaks over the border and takes up residence, he is an "illegal Alien", not a "undocumented worker"; if a man dresses up like a freak wearing pants with a big hole in the rear to show his *** like a baboon in heat and then parade himself through a city, he is nuts; not demonstrating his "Gay Pride", and a person who straps a bomb to himself or puts it in a car, then blows up a market place full of women and children, he is a terrorist and not an "insurgent". We have been driven to molly-coddle bad behavior in this nation and I for one an sick to death of it.

So, yes, I support this Oklahoma State Representative. I can not say if she automatically has my vote if she was in my state. There are other issues that would need to be considered. But she has a set of brassones bigger than most men in any legislative bodies I have seen in a long time. And I appreciate that.

·
Iron Maiden
8,441 Posts
What I like about this woman is that she has her own beliefs and stated them. She stood her ground and still does. You do not have to agree with everyone. In fact the group think mentality of the left is pretty darn right Orwellian scary. There are lines that have been established by the politically correct crowd that is anyone crosses they are slandered with being "racist", "homo-phobic or neo-nazi. We have young girls being murdered by their families here in the United States because of some tribal "honor" crap of some Islamic immegrants. The politicians and law makers are afraid to call these crimes what they are, Honor killings. Political correctness has gotten in the way of common sense. Stating one's beliefs that do not go into lock step with the MSM or some other special interest group is often seen as a kiss of death by politicians. What I am saying is more politicians need to grow a set of balls, stop kissing the asses of every agenda driven group and state their minds (if they have one). This PC garbage is killing this country. If a guy sneaks over the border and takes up residence, he is an "illegal Alien", not a "undocumented worker"; if a man dresses up like a freak wearing pants with a big hole in the rear to show his *** like a baboon in heat and then parade himself through a city, he is nuts; not demonstrating his "Gay Pride", and a person who straps a bomb to himself or puts it in a car, then blows up a market place full of women and children, he is a terrorist and not an "insurgent". We have been driven to molly-coddle bad behavior in this nation and I for one an sick to death of it.

So, yes, I support this Oklahoma State Representative. I can not say if she automatically has my vote if she was in my state. There are other issues that would need to be considered. But she has a set of brassones bigger than most men in any legislative bodies I have seen in a long time. And I appreciate that.

BRAVO!!!

R

·
0 Posts
The homosexual agenda is rife with liberal, antifamily ideas and ideals. You can destroy a society without violence. That is what they are about

N

·
0 Posts
That is what happens when U put U’r gun on U’r purse. I think U should put it on U’r body.
I imagine on her thighs like in the movie  :)

D

·
0 Posts
The homosexual agenda is rife with liberal, antifamily ideas and ideals. You can destroy a society without violence. That is what they are about
When and where has Homosexuality destroyed a society...sounds kinda silly to me.

·
Right Wing Zealot
1,228 Posts
When and where has Homosexuality destroyed a society...sounds kinda silly to me.
San Francisco is the first place that comes to my mind. On a different plane, if everyone were homosexual...there would be no pro-creation...which would destroy a society. Whether you believe in creation or evolution, the homosexuality being natural argument doesn't fly with me because if it were natural, they would be able to reproduce naturally.

I don't hassle the gay/lesbian community, just don't have any desire to be a part of it and don't think their views need to be pushed on me. Furthermore, these groups also support things like NAMBLA, which promotes adult males to have sexual relationships with little boys. I really hope you don't find this behavior acceptable.

R

·
0 Posts
To compare gays to terrorists to is like comparing Bush to Hitler. They are both absurd.

D

·
0 Posts
the homosexuality being natural argument doesn't fly with me
Being gay is just as natural as being born blind, extra smart, color blind or or with six fingers. they make you different and not the norm, but to say it is unatural (as if it means its wrong) is very narrow..if being severly mentally disabled or einstien level genius are in the same spectrum of normal, why cant boy george and wilt chamberlin ? I dont want to take it to the extreme, but it is extremly obvious to me. For those who think its a choice to be gay. answer honestly, could you CHOOSE to be arroused by a man sexually (question posed to men). Probably no...b/c you dont choose what turns you on just like many other attributes...I cannot turn that part of me on and off. I only like women in that way and if my childs life depended on it, I couldnt "choose" to respond to somone of the same sex...think about it.

Furthermore, these groups also support things like NAMBLA
please believe there are PLENTY of "straight" child molesters

saying gays in genearal support NAMBLA..is like saying Christians support the KKK.

I am not a homo-sexual at all, I guess Im just so surprised at the norrow-mindedness shown bywhat seem to be logical people. Just b/c you were raised to follow a certain belief doesnt mean that belief is right.

P.S. San Fran is still thriving and doing well last time I heard..no destroyed civilization there....

1 - 20 of 26 Posts