I just received this e-mail in the last few hours:

BETRAYAL
Jun 8 at 2:04 PM

PrintRaw message

Gun Owners of America <[email protected]>
To: [email protected]

Steven,​
We have an emergency on our hands.​
While preparing to fight back against the ATF’s unconstitutional regulation of pistol braces, we learned some disturbing news…​
Senator John Cornyn -- a Republican who should be pro-2A -- is quietly making a deal with the rabid anti-gunner, Chris Murphy, to pass universal background checks.
We need EVERY gun owner in America to take action right now to prevent what would be Armageddon for the Second Amendment.
If John Cornyn, who represents the state of TEXAS, is already considering stabbing gun owners in the back, then you know that we’re truly in a DIRE situation.​
But we cannot give up. Our God-given rights hang in the balance.​
You see, there is one thing that always gets Senators moving: FURY from grassroots voters like YOU.
A recent survey conducted by Gun Owners of America found that a WHOPPING 92% of gun owners would NEVER vote for a Senator who votes for universal background checks.​
Senators like John Cornyn naively believe that they can throw their voters under the bus just to win three seconds of praise from the liberal media that hates their guts.​
That’s why I need your help telling Cornyn and EVERY Senator the simple truth: if they betray their constituents, we will never support them.
In Liberty,​
Erich Pratt
Senior Vice President
Gun Owners of America​

·
Live Free
3,461 Posts
I just received this e-mail in the last few hours:

BETRAYAL
Jun 8 at 2:04 PM

PrintRaw message

Gun Owners of America <[email protected]>
To: [email protected]

Steven,​
We have an emergency on our hands.​
While preparing to fight back against the ATF’s unconstitutional regulation of pistol braces, we learned some disturbing news…​
Senator John Cornyn -- a Republican who should be pro-2A -- is quietly making a deal with the rabid anti-gunner, Chris Murphy, to pass universal background checks.
We need EVERY gun owner in America to take action right now to prevent what would be Armageddon for the Second Amendment.
If John Cornyn, who represents the state of TEXAS, is already considering stabbing gun owners in the back, then you know that we’re truly in a DIRE situation.​
But we cannot give up. Our God-given rights hang in the balance.​
You see, there is one thing that always gets Senators moving: FURY from grassroots voters like YOU.
A recent survey conducted by Gun Owners of America found that a WHOPPING 92% of gun owners would NEVER vote for a Senator who votes for universal background checks.​
Senators like John Cornyn naively believe that they can throw their voters under the bus just to win three seconds of praise from the liberal media that hates their guts.​
That’s why I need your help telling Cornyn and EVERY Senator the simple truth: if they betray their constituents, we will never support them.
In Liberty,​
Erich Pratt
Senior Vice President
Gun Owners of America​
There is a lot I like living here in Texas, but Cornyn is not part of it. He needs to get voted out. Several folks I have talked to here are looking to say goodbye to mister Cornyn…it’s time!

·
Registered
14,765 Posts
Am i the only one who finds it odd that in a country where we letting more prisoners go, giving more lenient sentences, dropping many charges altogether and worse, not even arresting people who commit crimes right in front of police that all we hear from the left is we need more laws.

Reactions: gvaldeg1

·
Live Free
3,461 Posts
Am i the only one who finds it odd that in a country where we letting more prisoners go, giving more lenient sentences, dropping many charges altogether and worse, not even arresting people who commit crimes right in front of police that all we hear from the left is we need more laws.
Yeah…the irony is obvious, yet ignored mostly.

·
Super Moderator
14,783 Posts
I've known he was a do nothing for a long time. We gotta vote for the slug or we'd have something like Beeto O'Rourke or the likes as a US Senator. The only thing he can effectively do is vote conservatively in the Senate to keep the DemocRats from running roughshod... but, it appears even that is moot.

Alan

·
Registered
19,792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
This having "little to no real choice in candidates" is a local failure to develop and cultivate alternative candidates of the same party as the incumbent. Happens everywhere.

·
AZHerper
4,601 Posts
I've known he was a do nothing for a long time. We gotta vote for the slug or we'd have something like Beeto O'Rourke or the likes as a US Senator. The only thing he can effectively do is vote conservatively in the Senate to keep the DemocRats from running roughshod... but, it appears even that is moot.

Alan
Unfortunately, that's too true!

·
Live Free
3,461 Posts
This having "little to no real choice in candidates" is a local failure to develop and cultivate alternative candidates of the same party as the incumbent. Happens everywhere.
That comes partly from folks voting for a party and thus satisfied when the right party is elected and in control instead of evaluating the performance of an individual. Too many worthless dead weight politicians hanging around…but they have the right party affiliation.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts